D-Link DI-524 Router

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by GAuld, Jan 22, 2007.

1. GAuld

GAuld New Member

Jan 22, 2007

Advertisements

I have a Tivo wireless G adapter pluged into my Tivo USB but it will not connect with my D-Link DI-524 wireless router. After 4 calls to Tivo support and 3 to D-Link I was told by each that it is the others fault. I have disabled the firewall and encription with no luck. At the start of settings it indicated the D-Link is present with a 74% or greater signal but when trying to log in to Tivo it says that there is no connection (N02). Does anyone have a Tivo connected through a DI-524? It's a new Tivo series 2 with 8.1 software. (the router connects fine with my laptop)

2. dcahoe

dcahoe TiVoPlayList Author

Jan 28, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    I have mine connected through a DI-624 with no problems.

Things to ask:
    -have you tried it with no security (no WEP or IP/MAC filters)?
    -do you have DHCP enabled on the router or are you using fixed IPs?
    -are the TiVo's on the same subnet as the router?
    -did you set the network gateway on the TiVo's to be the DI-524's IP address?
    -the TiVo's see the SSID of the router?

You also might try changing the wireless channel on the DI-524 to something other than the default.

3. gfxguy

gfxguy New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    I have a series 2 connected to a DI-524 using a Hawking wireless adapter WITH encryption.

4. donchanger

donchanger New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    Hi GAuld,

I have two Tivo boxes (one S2, one S2DT) connected right now to my DI-524, each with the Tivo Wireless G adapter and all using WEP and no broadcast SSID.

Have had very little problem (maybe once in two months I had to unplug and replug the adapter from one of the units).

As I recall, I had very little trouble connecting, but I might have a vague memory of it being somewhat tricky to get my WEP key entered correctly. Can you connect a computer using WiFi?