D* HD TIVO rebate on an Ebay purchase...will it work?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by jaypb, Jan 24, 2006.

1. jaypb

jaypb New Member

Dec 10, 2003

Advertisements

I spent some time searching this forum for an answer regarding my question above, but I couldn't seem to find a definitive answer: If you purchase a new, unactivated HD TIVO off of ebay can you actually submit the rebate form and expect to receive $200 in return? I believe the pdf file I downloaded off of D*'s website states that you need to submit an "original dated sales receipt"....and the closest I'd have to that is a paypal receipt!

Has anyone gone this route? My Ebay HD TIVO purchase was for a new unit but I'm *pretty* sure that the seller isn't an authorized D* retailer.

Anyone?

2. strack

strack New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Lake Worth, FL
    I purchased my HD Tivo off e-bay back when the rebate was only $100. I received my rebate check 4 weeks later and the form that was sent to me from D* was that all I needed to do was activate the equipment and subscribe to the HD Package to receive the rebate.

I did not need to send a sales receipt, just a copy of my D* bill showing the activation.

3. jaypb

jaypb New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Interestingly enough, the current rebate form (for the $200 rebate) states "Attach your original dated sales receipt showing purchase of a Directv DVR"

So, as I said, I'm just curious how to go about submitting a paypal receipt..... ;)