Customized list of channels forgetting itself?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by MrTangent, Oct 13, 2007.

1. MrTangent

MrTangent *insert title here*

May 17, 2007
    Mount...

Advertisements

Hello.

You can customize your list of channels that you see when you're channel surfing and using the guide here: Messages & Settings->Settings->Channels->Channel List

I have unchecked all the channels I do not receive (PPV, etc.). Several times now when I go to channel surf I notice that these channels that I removed are showing up. When I check the above menu settings, the channels I unchecked so that I would not see them are magically checked again. I'm not talking about Favorites, just what channels I check/uncheck depending on if I receive them or not.

I am using System Software 8.3.1 on a Tivo Series 3.

Any way to get this to stop? It's getting tedious having to uncheck all the channels every so often (doesn't happen every day). The TiVo upgraded itself recently, so I suspect that it had something to do with it, but it's happened now more than once.

2. Dr_Diablo

Dr_Diablo Dr_Diablo

Nov 23, 2003
    Midwest
    I don't bother with removing certain channels, as you do, just for the reason that you are experiencing...

My problems now, with the 9.1 update, is that programs don't get recorded ... Tivo claims that I have another program scheduled for recording in the next 28 days, therefor it won't record the program at all...

Didn't experience this before the 9.1 update...

If only there were a "System Restore" feature...

I'd go back to the version you are with now..

3. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    Can you elaborate on that?

The Tivo keeps a record of all programs / episodes recorded in the past 28 days so it knows not to record the same program twice.

4. jacksonian

jacksonian New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    I have the same problem occasionally. Not sure what to do about it.