Customer Service hours changing

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by lhvetinari, Apr 21, 2021.

1. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Ambassador to the City of Chicago TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago

Advertisements

Looks like it's going to get harder to get ahold of (what remains of) TiVo support - a notice at the top of their support pages indicates they'll be going from the current 7a-6p M-F and 8a-5p weekend to 8a-5p M-F and *no* weekend hours!

Starting May 1st our Customer Support Hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday. For support outside of these hours, please choose your product below. Thank you for choosing TiVo!

ContactSupport (tivo.com)

2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    they could close permanently and i'm not sure anyone would notice, other than leading much happier lives... :oops:

3. samsauce29

samsauce29 Active Member TCF Club

Nov 30, 2007
    Erie, PA
    Most definitely! I'm still using 2 boxes, but would save some wires and $10 per month if they tagged out at this point. Wouldn't lose a wink.

4. CommunityMember

CommunityMember Active Member

May 22, 2020
    I wonder how many support calls they received in the (soon to be) removed hours?

While this obviously saves the company money some money, the honest question is how many customers will this really impact?

While it tends to not be popular with the support staff (who wish to coordinate with their partner/family for activities), for consumer support, often including the weekends and being closed in the middle of the week (Tuesday/Wednesday) works out better for the customer. But only TiVo has the numbers of support calls, and I doubt they are going to share with anyone.

mrsean likes this.
  5. lhvetinari

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago

Advertisements

True. My sample size is small (5 calls in ... god, probably 10 years or so) but of those calls, 3 were weekend calls.

Based on hold times (lack thereof), they must have very low call-in numbers, I don't think I've ever held more than 10 minutes - and that was only once.

6. jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002
    Are those hours conducive for the Tivo support staff who are ALL in the Philippines?
    There is NO one to speak to in the United States anymore.

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  7. tommiet

tommiet Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2005
    Next... It will be email only support..... It's coming.

samsauce29 and jilter like this.
  8. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    You mean they’re still in operation? I’m trying to remember when support (either TiVo or Spectrum) ever helped me with the biggest PITA I had, which was the Tuning Adapter (back when I had Cable TV that is). With the foreign accented reps I’m always having to ask them to repeat what they say more slowly. Even banks (e.g., Huntington) are using them.

9. lhvetinari

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    Bah, tuning adapters.

Only time I've ever had to call Support is for account-related stuff (change credit cards, start or stop service) since their website loves to time out and otherwise crap itself