Customer Retention Phone # ?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Cody21, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Cody21

Cody21 New Member

Jan 11, 2004
    El Cerrito, Ca

Advertisements

I scanned this FORUM for "retention" and the results have been all over the map as far as the current/correct number to call to report the 6.3a Audio Dropout issue.

Does anyone have a current phone number for Cust Retention?

Thanks

2. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    There is no current phone number.

About two weeks ago, DirecTV shutdown all direct dial phone numbers to departments.
    And established a PIN system, to grant access to those departments.

So you have to go throught he main number now, and talk to a first line first.

3. Cody21

Cody21 New Member

Jan 11, 2004
    El Cerrito, Ca
    Thanks Earl .... Guess I'll have to deal with 1st level support .... :mad:

4. Cody21

Cody21 New Member

Jan 11, 2004
    El Cerrito, Ca
    Just went through Level 1 to Customer Retention - Lev 1 only offered $5/month off my total bill (for 6 months) ... I asked for Cust Retention ... expressed my concern and plausibility of jumping to COMCAST .... CR offered me an add'l $20/month on top of the $5 ..... I asked fror Tech Support .. They again suggested turning off DD 5.1 .... (WTF!) Pressed them for WHEN they plan to release a s/w update ... They do not have a planned release date. They also had believed that this only occured on RECORDED HD channels .. not LIVE !! Duh ... uh, no - it happens LIVE - Satellitte or OTA ...

5. mlburns

mlburns New Member

Mar 22, 2005

Advertisements

my directv tech support number still gets me to tech

6. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Between...

I don't think "tech Support" is necessarily Retention.

7. tbb1226

tbb1226 TiVo Junkie

Sep 16, 2004
    Royal Oak, MI
    It quite necessarily is NOT.

Everyone knows that techies are incapable of schmoozing customers, and they don't know how to negotiate to minimize the financial impact of retention costs :D

8. mx6bfast

mx6bfast Cake or Death

Jan 2, 2004
    Bartlett, TN
    Does being on the "A" list also send you to 1st level?

9. Cody21

Cody21 New Member

Jan 11, 2004
    El Cerrito, Ca

Yep - the "general" number sends you right to Level 1 ... even as an "A" list customer. Just be polite and go through the initial questions. They will likely offer you $5/month off ... Take that but then ask to be xferred to Cust Retention; then to Tech Support to make sure they're aware of your particular issue and urgent need for the FIX.

10. forrie

forrie New Member

May 30, 2003
    Derry, NH US
    I find it interesting that there even exists a "retention department".

I've had a TiVO since the very first version, back in the 90s. My experience with TiVO customer service (etc) is they are trained to try and upsell you and/or keep you in their ecosystem. IMHO, if a company has to employ "retention" personnel, I believe there may be other issues.

My recent experience with receiving two (2) defective TiVO EDGE units has emphasized the above. They make it extremely difficult. Along with the ads and unsolicited in-unit sales emails (that don't delete), etc.

TiVO has some UI/UX issues to work through, though it's a good product -- perhaps it's run its course and XPERI should sell it off to another entity that can invest more into the platform?