Custom Fast Forward and Display Clock Hacks?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by mwisniew9599, Jan 7, 2012.

1. mwisniew9599

mwisniew9599 New Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Hello all. I've received the latest software update (v20.2). It appears the hack to show the clock on the screen no longer works - anyone find a work around?

Also, I'd like to customize the fast forward speeds (specifically make FF3 faster). The shortcuts I found elsewhere seem to only work on series 3 and prior. Anyone aware of how to override the default fast forward speeds on the Premiere?

Thanks in advance.

2. toml

toml New Member

May 2, 2010
    I have the same problem. I can't figure out how to get my clock on screen after the (unrequested) "upgrade". If anyone knows how to get it back, please post here.

Thanks!

3. toml

toml New Member

May 2, 2010
    In the thread "The 20.2 changelog thread" I learned that you can get the clock (and 30 second skip, I presume) by pressing <select> <select> <play> <select> <9> (or <30>) <select>. Pressing select twice at the beginning, instead of once, makes it work.

The bad news -- the clock ends up in the middle of the screen. That's a pain!

4. plazman30

plazman30 Member

Jan 22, 2005
    The clock seems to be in the middle of the screen because it's still in SD. If you look at the screen, which is now in HD, you'll realize the clock sits right on the screen where it would be in bottom right if the screen was still in SD.

5. audvidman

audvidman New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Spoke to Margret at TiVo, the clock fix will be in the spring update. You can display the clock now by adding a S to the s-p-s-9-s code but it will show up in the middle of the screen.