custom channel

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by schnikies79, Jan 14, 2006.

1. schnikies79

schnikies79 New Member

Jan 2, 2006
    I have read the forums and have not had much luck finding information concerning my question. Is there any way to customize a channel in the lineup?

I live on campus and two channels are diffrent than what the guide data says. Channel 12 is the campus channel (which i know wont have guide data), and channel 13 is HBO, which the tivo says is a PBS station. The rest of the guide data is correct.

Is there any way to adjust this so that the guide for HBO shows up?

2. schnikies79

schnikies79 New Member

Jan 2, 2006
    Dunno if they would do a custom lineup for me, but i will ask them. Thanks for the info!

3. holowac

holowac K3SDH

Dec 31, 2005
    South...
    I am reasonably sure that everyone on your campus has the same problem. TiVo just might choose to set the lineup straight for the whole school! Good luck.

4. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas

they should. I bet more people live on campus in your school than live in my apartment complex. When I got my TiVo, I had them build a custom lineup. took a few days. It was no problem.

5. schnikies79

schnikies79 New Member

Jan 2, 2006
    Wow. I've heard they have good customer service but didn't know it was that good! Hooray for tivo!

6. simonalope

simonalope New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    People's...
    If the lineup is wrong, you may want to notify your campus cable provider, since they can talk to Tribune Media Services and get the error fixed. (TiVo gets its info from TMS.) Check and see if zap2it has the same mistake - if it does, it means TiVo is getting bad info from TMS.