Current HDVR2 Software

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by kturcotte, Aug 16, 2007.

1. kturcotte

kturcotte Active Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Portland, ME

Advertisements

What's the current software for the HDVR2? I've got an older one my cousin wants, but I've had it completely disconnected for, I don't know how long. Current software is 6.2-01-2-151, but I thought there was something newer. I connected it to the dish and let it do it's 2 am download, and then tried forcing a couple phone calls, but it won't grab any new software.

2. ForrestB

ForrestB New Member

Apr 8, 2004
    The latest Tivo software for your machine is 6.2a. 6.2a fixes the dates that daylight savings time starts and ends. Unless you have manual recordings setup (which will be 1 hour off for 3 weeks in the Spring and Fall), then you shouldn't have any problems running 6.2.

3. kturcotte

kturcotte Active Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Portland, ME
    Any reason why it's not grabbing 6.2a?

4. ttodd1

ttodd1 Proud Computer Geek

Nov 5, 2003
    SC
    Some have had to wait for a week or more to get the update. It isn't going to happen overnight.

5. kturcotte

kturcotte Active Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Portland, ME

Advertisements

But that's a fairly old update isn't it? I was under the impression the receiver just grabbed the newest software when it makes it's daily call, if it doesn't already have it?

6. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    it is supposed to, but for some reason 6.2a didn't stay in the update channel for very long.
    Was the unit hacked? that will prevent updates as well.

7. kturcotte

kturcotte Active Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Portland, ME
    Completely unhacked. So then 6.2a isn't there to grab, even over the phone line? So what's the 6.3e I've heard about?

8. hyde76

hyde76 New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Yorba Linda, CA
    6.3e is the latest and just started within the past two weeks. A couple of fixes that you won't notice and they took away my favorite thing ever from the NPL.

9. kturcotte

kturcotte Active Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Portland, ME
    What did they take away?

10. hyde76

hyde76 New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Yorba Linda, CA
    thumbs up, thumbs down, thumbs up, 7,8 to make the NPL much easier to navigate. I just miss it. I wish I knew how to do those cool thumb graphics that were used in the other thread.

11. richardherr

richardherr New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Near...
    I Just receive Version 6.3.

12. kturcotte

kturcotte Active Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Portland, ME
    The fact that the receiver's deacivated shouldn't effect getting a software update would it?

13. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    no
    a deactivated unit will update if there's an update to be had. Right now, 6.3 is on a very limited rollout. 6.2a didn't stay in the channel long at all. 6.2 will work fine for you until 6.3 rolls out, so don't sweat it.
    6.2a was fixes to Daylight Saving Time and some guide data issues.