Current DTiVo Series 2 version + Folders?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by VK-30, Sep 25, 2007.

1. VK-30

VK-30 New Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Walnut...

Advertisements

The basic questions are: what's the current SW version for a Phillips DSR7000/17, and does anyone remember how to turn folders on? Details follow:

I have a Series 2 DTiVo I got in Jun 2003 (also have a GXCEBOT in another room). I had a larger disc ready when it arrived and installed it. My notes from then show a version of 3.1.0-05-2-101.

That disc failed a couple months later and I briefly put in the 40GB disc that came with the unit, then pulled it back out when the larger replacement one arrived.

So, now, the 2nd large disc failed. I don't want to replace it because I intend to go with Series3, just not at this moment.

So, the 40GB original disc is in, and has made a successful daily call. Version hasn't changed: it was 3.1.1b-02-2-101 when I first put it in and still is, after the daily call.

I don't have folders any more and can't recall if that's something you have to turn on, and which version it appeared in.

=-Steve

2. wscannell

wscannell Member

Dec 6, 2003
    No folders in 3.1. You have to wait for the upgrade to version 6.3. This is probably still in the satellite stream, so you will have to wait for a few days to get all the pieces.

3. rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    6.3e is the current version

4. VK-30

VK-30 New Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Walnut...
    Thanks for the quick responses!

So, it had folders for the last year or two, until the disc failed.

I expected it to go fetch a newer version on the first daily call.

Are you both saying that soon, it'll go nab 6.3e, whatever that is, and it'll have the folders we got a couple years ago plus undelete and some other stuff I got a message on the DTiVo about?

Will it get it over the satellite stream itself, as it does program guides, as opposed to over the analog modem?

=-Steve

5. wscannell

wscannell Member

Dec 6, 2003

Advertisements

6.3e will have folders. It will not have any of the new features that are scheduled for Spring '08 release like the recently deleted folder.

6.3e will be delivered over the satellite stream. This takes around three days to get the complete update. Once the box has the complete update, the next daily call will trigger the "pending Restart" status. The TiVo will then reboot itself at 2AM (or you can manually restart it). During the reboot, the updated software will be installed.

6. VK-30

VK-30 New Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Walnut...
    Thanks for the response. So it's coming through the satellite and I have to shut up and wait. As Inigo Montoya would say, "I hate wait".

=-VK