Curious about overlapping recordings

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by tomhorsley, Aug 23, 2014.

1. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010

Advertisements

Did the last update actually "fix" the overlapping recording bug where recordings on the same channel would glitch, or do they still have it using two separate tuners when recordings overlap? I'm just curious, because I notice I have zero problems with such recordings these days and was just wondering why it works :).

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    It was fixed with the previous update, 20.4.1. I now have 2 separate recordings from the same channel, same time where previously I could only get 1.

3. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    It wasn't really fixed fixed. They reverted to two tuners, so it works as before. Unless Margret cares to share, we'll never know if they are still trying to implement a single tuner solution, or if they have given up.

4. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    Hey, this is TiVo we're talking about, the high-end DVR solution. Surely they won't just give up on such a great feature. (I hope.)

5. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010

Advertisements

Well, I hope they continue to give up on it till they can actually make it work seamlessly. I don't want the glitches back :). Come to think of it, I wish they'd also use 2 tuners if I'm watching live TV when a recording starts on that channel, because that always glitches the live TV.