CuriosityStream app freezing

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by cheekmac, Apr 1, 2019.

1. cheekmac

cheekmac New Member

Jan 28, 2016
    KY

Advertisements

Hello,
    I recently saw the CuriosityStream app show up on my TiVo. I had heard about CuriosityStream before and was interested, so I signed up. During the 7 day trial the app launched and worked fine. Now whenever I click on play on anything the app freezes and the only way to get back in control is to hit the TiVo button on the remote to get back to the main TiVo menu. I have a TiVo Roamio Plus connected via ethernet. I tried removing and readding the app, restarting the TiVo, logging out and back in to the CuriosityStream app. I also tried adding a show to my watch list and going to play it from there, but I'm still not having any luck, it still does the same thing. Software version is 20.7.4.RC42-848-6-848. I never upgraded my Roamio to the New TiVo experience because I understood the upgrade to be irreversible and I wasn't sure if I would like it. All other streaming apps work fine, no problems. Could they have just recently upgraded the app to a buggy version? Anybody else have trouble recently with the CuriosityStream app? I also have two Minis, but I haven't tried accessing CuriosityStream from them because my Roamio is where I do the vast majority of my watching. Thanks for your help!

2. bob dodd

bob dodd New Member

Sep 15, 2018
    I am having the same problem. No answers,

3. cheekmac

cheekmac New Member

Jan 28, 2016
    KY
    Hello Bob,
    It randomly started working for me tonight without me taking any further action. At least somewhat. Some shows load and start playing just fine, while some will start but never get past the flashing CuriosityStream logo. However, at this point it's not frozen and I can use the back button on my remote to get back to the menu, so it's definitely an improvement. Maybe if you try it again you can at least get as far as I am. I haven't contacted TiVo about it yet, I was hoping it would resolve on its own.

4. Randall Clayburn

Randall Clayburn New Member

Apr 21, 2020
    I cannot select shows to watch if they are part of a series. If I select an episode of a series to watch I get a “not available” message. Other shows not in a series seem to work.

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

I had the same problem with an ABC series. I found that I could stream episode one only.