Curb Your Enthusiasm - 9/9

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Paperboy2003, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Sep 9, 2007 #1 of 22
    Paperboy2003

Paperboy2003 Wasting time here

Mar 30, 2004
    Randolph,...
    Man I missed this show...

Larry is back to being his old painful self

2. Sep 9, 2007 #2 of 22
    analog4

analog4 New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Cheryl: Where have you been?
    Larry: Ate some penis.

Hilarious. Great episode, glad to have it back.

3. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    I had no idea it was back. :eek: Time to setup the old season pass on the new Tivo box. This is one SP that slipped through the cracks apparently.

4. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    "You took the balls home."

"I didn't know they were balls!"

5. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I haven't laughed that hard at something on TV for a long time when they pulled that cake out at the bakery. They didn't really hype the return of the show that much. The only way I knew it was coming back was when they interviewed Larry David during the US Open Tennis match.

6. 5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    I wish they had waited until later in the season for the payoff with the smoke detector. (Mysterious Beep)

7. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    I have to admit I was a little let down on this episode. Not one of the best episodes but still a bad episode of this show is still good compared to most shows.

8. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    The whole episode I was trying to figure out how the smoke alarm thing was going to come back to bite them. For some reason I didn't see the cigarette thing coming.

That cake did look kind of tasty, as far as erotic cakes go.

Super Dave is looking a little heavier... chubbier or more muscular, something.

9. HDTivoDesire

HDTivoDesire Member

Apr 5, 2003
    Plano, TX
    I like how the show just starts up again as if the final episode from the previous season never happened.

The "Black" Family reminded me of Amazing Race Family Edition. The one black family on the show had the last name Black.

10. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    What was funny is that you knew the Jew comment would be coming from Larry. That scene cracked me up, especially as they are walking out of the airport and you can hear him saying something like, "You see, if your last name was Gentile..."

11. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    What about the last episode of last season? He was on his way home and his newfound attitude lasted until he went to the restroom and someone was occupying the handicapped stall. 'Nuff said as far as I am concerned.

12. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    He knowingly served us penis!

Oh, Larry. Glad to have you back.

13. 5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    "That would be like if my name was Larry Eatsblackpenis!"

14. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I did enjoy the smoke detector thing as I'm sure we've all been awoken late at night by one and then have to figure out which one......that sounds seems like it is coming from every room yet you can't find the right one!

BTW....I've played that Newlywed game version before and it can be quite fun. We actually ended up making up our own more "spicy" questions and had an absolute blast!

15. Markman07

Markman07 Active Member

Jul 18, 2001
    Minnesota
    Excellent show! I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

The party isn't tonight?

16. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Yeah I missed this show. So glad to have it back. Many good moments. I just love the fact that Larry can end up adopting a Katrina Victim family to help them out and then manages to make them homeless again.

17. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    I can't believe they tried to use the "wrong night" excuse again after the Funkhouser fiasco. :D

Love this show, glad to see it back!

18. Bananfish

Bananfish Preowned Member

May 16, 2002
    Belmont, CA
    I'm surprised he didn't have a backup plan to get out of the potential "well you're here, come on in" move. And then that backup plan would get screwed up somehow (like pretending that Richard Lewis called and had an emergency, and then Richard Lewis shows up a few minutes later).

19. InterMurph

InterMurph Member

May 22, 2003
    Gloucester, MA
    They did have a backup plan; the "we won't impose, you're tired after the big party last night" thing.

Except that in the Larry David universe, such protestations are dismissed and overpowered by the Funkhausers, who practically imprison them.

I loved this episode, and I'm really glad the show is back.

By the way, Larry and his real-life wife are separted, in real life. I wonder if they will do the same on the show.

20. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    So what does Marty Funkhouser do? Richard Lewis, Jeff, Larry all seem like they have to keep being friends with him, he must be a powerful guy. :)