Curb Your Enthusiasm 10/25 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Neenahboy, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA

Advertisements

Worst episode of the season by far, IMO.

Wasn't feeling the whole shirt subplot. How could anyone see that shirt as appropriate for the workplace? And more to the point, how could anyone take an issue with Larry (granted, somewhat idiotically) telling her it was inappropriate? And how could ANY employee think it okay to create such a scene in front of her boss?

I know, I know, I'm probably analyzing too much here, but this show's existence centers around Larry's friends holding completely opposite (yet correct) viewpoints, and that disconnect totally took me out of the episode.

And the napkin thing. Really? A police lineup? That's ridiculous even in CYE land.

The peeing on Jesus was hilarious though, with Jerry's eyes darting over to Larry as Maureen says, "There's no way water could get up there." :D

2. scottjf8

scottjf8 That A-hole

Nov 11, 2001
    McKinney, TX
    The first half was pretty blah, but I was LOL'ing my A off the second half. The peeing thing (sorry scooterboy!) and Richard Lewis taking the bat out of his trunk, and the mother flipping out. That was gold, Jerry.. gold.

3. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    Pretty lame I thought, too. The scenes with Jerry seemed especially lame.

Still, some good laughs, though.

4. Magnolia88

Magnolia88 She likes cheese.

Jun 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I agree that this episode was pretty lame. In the scenes with Jerry, they can't even stop themselves from laughing. Neither of them was making much of an effort. It looked like a rehearsal.

And the napkin arrest and lineup was so dumb. Even in CYE land.

I agree. Most of the time on CYE I think LD gets into a dispute that sort of makes sense. But the shirt thing made no sense at all, because nobody could seriously argue that it should be okay to dress like that in an office setting.

And for Julia Louis-Dreyfus to argue "you can't say that to a woman!" was just dumb. If a female employee is dressing like a streetwalker with everything hanging out, of course you can say "please dress appropriately for an office." Just like you could a male employee. Bosses do this all the time. And for the employee to argue about it was even dumber.

5. Paperboy2003

Paperboy2003 Wasting time here

Mar 30, 2004
    Randolph,...

Advertisements

Def not the best, but certainly some good LOL moments. Grabbing the flab at the end was the perfect tie in. Also, just watching the Jerry / LD interaction is a lot of fun.

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I was rolling during this episode. The last two episodes have been hilarious.

I just started watching the show this year. It is hilarious, and stupid, just like seinfeld was. I will certainly continue to watch.

And like all TV shows it is not real. It does remind me so much of the Seinfeld show.

7. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    The episode had its funny moments. I swear I work with a guy who is taking the same medication as Larry, you go in the bathroom while he is in there and it sounds like a firehose. From my observations, the whole bit about how in NY honking is just part of driving but if you do that in CA people get physically violent is so true.

8. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    I was put on probation in college for taking napkins from the cafe....

Just sayin...

9. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I loved this episode. Him grabbing her gut at the end made me laugh harder than I've laughed in forever.

I also loved the whole peeing thing. The flashback thing with Larry being the husband.

Great episode

10. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Seriously?

11. caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003
    If taking extra napkins was really a crime, they'd have locked me up and thrown away the key a long time ago. I know it was dumb but I did laugh because I'm also a multiple napkin guy and would have done the same thing.

12. NoThru22

NoThru22 Smelly Pirate Hooker

May 6, 2005
    Bel Air, MD
    I love how they showed that it was just Larry imagining it by showing that the picture of the husband was different. I hate it when shows actually use the same actor for stuff like that.

13. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    100% seriously. I took a whole bunch of napkins, 10-20, and went back to my dorm room.

About 15 minutes later I get a knock on the door, campus police asks me about taking napkins, I said, yep, they're right here, he said fine. I got a letter a couple of days later that I was being charged with stealing the napkins and had to go through the schools discipline system.

The guy they sent me too couldn't believe it, in fact I think he thought of it as a break from the stuff he usually had to deal with, he kinda smiled through the whole thing. Told me not to do it again.

14. retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    I thought parts were marginal at best, but other parts made me laugh myself off the couch.

The baseball scene where she ran over Richard Lewis was hilarious. Lewis is like the born loser on this show.

The peeing all over the place was funny as hell. Especially the Jesus part.

Grabbing her belly at the end was totally classic Seinfeld/LD.

The way that Larry had to explain to the ex-wife why she had to read for the part was standard LD situational humor and I enjoyed it.

The episode didn't blow me away but I still thought it was a solid one.

15. yaddayaddayadda

yaddayaddayadda New Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Fort Mill, SC
    I thought the episode was great. I was crying I was laughing so hard at the end.

16. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    BTW, as soon as he walked in the bathroom and I saw the picture, then i knew what your spoiler meant before it actually happened.

So "plot" spoiler or not, it definitely was a spoiler.

Not a big deal, as these things don't bother me that much.

17. jr461

jr461 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Northern NJ
    Yes, stupid but i think we can all relate to taking bunches of napkins in those situations. To get arrested for it just puts it over the top. But it did set up what i thought was great at the end of the lineup..."all I saw was bald" as he couldn't tell them apart!

Overall I thought the last 2 weeks were very good, recovering from only a fair start.

18. scottjf8

scottjf8 That A-hole

Nov 11, 2001
    McKinney, TX
    Clearly :D

19. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    You guys are completely missing the point. OF COURSE no one would ever get arrested for taking too many napkins-but it plays on our neuroses that we have when we take napkins. I know I always have that thought in my head for a second. It's just like the "Dropped call" conversation they had. That is something I always fret about-but Curb plays on those little Sociological Neuroses that we all have but never think about.

This episode was hilarious.

20. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Oh-and I forgot why I came into here to post. I pee just like Larry. :)