CSI: NY S08E01 "Indelible" 23 Sept 2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Amnesia, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Wow, that was tough to watch. I consciously avoided all the 9/11 anniversary programming and then this episode brought it all back...

... the mystery of the week was pretty minor---the real mystery was (is) how Mac will come back...

.. Jamie Ray Newman was great as Claire. She's always good...

...but again, all that was drowned out for me by the scenes from Ground Zero and the Brooklyn Memorial (I'm assuming that's a real thing? And they used the real pictures?)

2. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina
    They explained why Mac left the unit, but never adequately said why Danny was back as a uniform cop. Anyone know?

Cheryl

3. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    He got promoted to Sergeant, which I thought was a supervisory position. I guess there were no Sergeant slots available at the Crime Lab...

4. Llwellyn

Llwellyn K3DSL

Jan 12, 2004
    Brooklyn, MD
    I'm not sure how they're going to explain it or use him in the sergeant position in the show, but it's typical in law enforcement for someone promoted to sergeant to have to do a rotation through several duty types to learn and supervise them all, including patrol and traffic.

They've used this plot device before on CSI: Miami as well, when Tripp took his sergeant's exam. He had to go back to uniformed patrol duty for a while, and then eventually was rotated back to the lab as a detective sergeant.

5. Honora

Honora Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Those are the real pictures. I recognized Father Mychal Judge & Officer Moira Smith.