CSI: Miami S08E21 "Meltdown" 3 May 2010

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Amnesia, May 5, 2010.

1. May 5, 2010 #1 of 10
    Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA

Advertisements

While I thought the signal jammer device seemed plausible for disabling wireless cameras, I don't understand why Natalia's hearing aid would be affected. Can hearing aids get interference from EM devices? And why would she get interference from the microphone that Eric was wearing? I thought his microphone was saving to tape, not being transmitted via a signal (after all, he did promise to "edit out" various things).

On a related note, I can believe that the jewelry store would have wireless cameras, but the lab? I would expect the cameras in the evidence room to be hard-wired.

And another thing: I don't understand the idea of using the jammer to cover up the evidence room robbery of the diamonds. Don't those cameras get saved to tape/disc/whatever? Why can't they just look back to when the interference started and see who turned on the jammer?

2. May 5, 2010 #2 of 10
    Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I know from personal experience that EM devices will interfere with hearing aids, especially those with magnetic t-coils, which are useful for listening on telephones. I'd get this low annoying buzz every time I walked past one.

3. May 6, 2010 #3 of 10
    Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    Way over-thinking this, dawg. CSI:Miami is about implausible plots and eye candy. On that score, it's 9+/10. :)

4. May 6, 2010 #4 of 10
    Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    This show is still on the air? Now that I have HDTV, I might watch it again.

5. Tivo_60

Tivo_60 NY State of Mind

Jun 13, 2003
    Long Island, NY

Advertisements

Anyone else wonder why they left us hanging on who jammed the lab cameras and stole all the diamonds?
    Nothing in the coming attractions that showed they were going to address this in the next ep either.

6. bobvr

bobvr Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Tucson AZ
    You didn't watch this weeks episode?

It addressed this.

7. Tivo_60

Tivo_60 NY State of Mind

Jun 13, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    No, not yet....but that's good news because I hate loose ends :)

Edit : OK, just watched this week's ep and it didn't answer anything for me.
    Explosion at the end, Delko gets knocked over and blondie's helping him.
    So what did I miss as an answer re who's the diamond thief ?

8. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    I went to the liberty of spoilerizing your post as it includes info from an upcoming episode that this thread should not be discussion out in the open.

It is a story-arc and this investigation including the blowing up of the DA's car will be included in the upcoming episodes

9. Tivo_60

Tivo_60 NY State of Mind

Jun 13, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Ok, I'll do the same. Post spoilerized

10. bobvr

bobvr Member

Sep 20, 2002
    Tucson AZ
    Well I didn't say it resolved the issue - Delko did spend the whole episode investigating the missing items (diamond/drugs) from the evidence locker.