CSI :: Living Doll 5/17 :: *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mgk, May 18, 2007.

1. mgk

mgk New Member

Oct 23, 2003
    South Carolina

Advertisements

I thought this episode was excellent.

Grissom getting swiped with the razor freaked me out!

Miniature Killer chick was well casted imo

2. Bulldog7

Bulldog7 New Member

Oct 6, 2002
    Fremont, CA
    The Grissom thing was well done. It scared me silly!!
    I liked the ending, it was suspenseful enough to keep me
    interested till next year.....dum dum dum(with heavy music in background) :p

3. JMikeD

JMikeD Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I hate cliff-hanger season endings. There's absolutely no excuse for them. They have no effect on whether or not I watch next season.

Otherwise, a good episode.

4. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I was disappointed, all this year they build up the killer then basically just show her to you. I thought the Grissom thing was cheap, I was genuinely shocked when he was stabbed then for it just to be an illusion was a serious cop out.

I also hate season ending cliff hangers.

Just for the record I like the show but was disappointed that this is all we got from the year or waiting.

5. Werd2406

Werd2406 New Member

Jun 8, 2006

Advertisements

Eh I thought it was a pretty good episode. The Grissom thing I actually liked even though I usually hate dream sequences...maybe because this one fit well. I liked how it was obvious they couldn't get Jorja to come in and shoot her death scene lol. Interesting to see if she comes back next yr...

6. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    I was surprised at the To Be Continued cliff-hanger. If Sara dies, with Natalie captured, what would the concluding episode be about? Natalie escapes and they hunt her again? She gets out on some kind of technicality and she kills again?

If Sara lives, they cold drag out the story of finding her, but that's a stretch.

7. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    First thing I wondered was if Jorja Fox was renegotiating her contract again?

Over all, it was OK. I was kind of dissapointed that teh killer was so much of a blithering idiot, but maybe she has other times where her mental disorder has her be more lucid.

I did get freaked out by the Grissom scene.

8. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    I thought it was pretty much decided what happened . While the ending is a 'it could go either way' ... real life events dictated what happened :

SPOILER for the future.

Yee hath been warned!
    Jorja Fox has been really pissed that they killed her off, so much so that she pretty much refused to come in an shoot the last episodes of the season. The network apparently was not interested in renewing her contact (more salary ?)

9. super dave

super dave Friend Of The Court

Oct 1, 2002
    Maple Shade, NJ
    That would be yes, and the studio is tired of her tactics, I guess it showed when they placed a car on top of her character.

10. Delta13

Delta13 Missed left turn

Jan 25, 2003
    Albuquerque, NM
    The episode was okay. It was interesting that they made the MK an outsider AND and insider, since she was on the cleaning crew. So in a way, both theories were correct. And she was about as inside and outside as you could get.

I thought the Grissom Slashing was not a dream as much as it was a wish moment for her. But as they said, she never got up close and personal like that with her victims to kill them, but clearly she would have if she could. She had to kill by remote control as it were. But she really wanted to let Grissom have it ...

The flashback technique was a bit sudden, and I'll bet it confused some casual viewers who haven't kept up with every detail. Grissom's method of revealing their relationship was a bit Shakespearean. I thought he was going to break out in poetry, or a sonnet maybe. :)

So how did Brass find Sara's truck with her missing BEFORE Grissom found the miniature and tried to warn her?

11. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    It's not so cut-and-dried.
    Apparently they originally did kill her off but then went back in and added the stuff that made it look like she could still be alive. It seems they are still deciding. She was asking for more salary again this year, but since her relationship with Gil put her more into the spotlight she thinks she deserves a raise.

12. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    I agree .. but the sticking point was the last bit of info
    Jorja wouldn't come on the set to film anymore because she was so upset *they killed her off*. Seems like its not up for negotiation anymore.

But then again.. things can change right up until they film the last scene, so I guess we will never actually know until we watch it.

Who went back to the previous episodes (car crash ep, murdered model ep) to see the killer in the background ?

13. unixadm

unixadm Super Moderator Staff Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Georgia, USA
    I just wasn't impressed with this episode.....now last years cliffhanger with Nick being buried alive was just amazing....this wasn't even close....guess they didn't have Tarantino directing this one.

First....I think that showing the killer from the beginning just removed all the excitement of "whodunnit".... I can see why they did it, but it didn't follow their normal routine and it lost some of it's mystery too early on.

Second, the whole misdirection scenes were annoying....things like when the CSI's were knocking on the door and they show the MK opening the door....to a delivery guy. The other foster kid who died in the bathroom was a red herring.....they wasted a good portion of the episode in making us think that this was the work of the MK, when in fact it was an accident. The scene of Grissom getting his caradoid artery cut was just for pure shock value and added nothing to the show. I really thought that they would be rushing him to the hospital and have a cliffhanger with BOTH Grissom and Sara's lives hanging by a thread.....doing what they did felt like I was cheated and was a cheap attempt at having an exciting finale.

They seemed to show the viewer the links of the MK to things like bleach, the miniatures, etc...but didn't really have the CSI's figuring it out.

Also, I didn't like the MK character.....her nervous demeaner just doesn't match up with the precision needed for making the miniatures. I would have expected the person to be a controlling type person who spends painstaking hours creating the miniatures. She should have appeared to be totally in control of her life and appear totally normal except she has the bleach trigger and spends all her free time planning the next murder and creating the miniatures after smelling the bleach. Having a nervous, trembling, mumbling, blithering psycho as the MK doesn't fit the profile.

Also, leaving the cliffhanger with a CSI's life hanging in the balance was already done last season (much better the first time, IMO), so this was just them recycling a season finale idea.

14. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    Normally a cliffhanger that involves a star is "phony", we know they're not going to kill off the star. Did anyone really think
    Meridith was going to die on Grey's Anatomy? The show is named for her.

I'll agree this wasn't done that well but in this case there is real suspense regarding her fate.

15. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    If I worked as a real CSI, I'd take my vacation in the late spring to avoid all sorts of mayhem. :D

16. zuko3984

zuko3984 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2002
    The episode itself to me was ok. It's just that they have been building up this miniature killer the entire season, It's been basically in just about every episode this season in one way or another and the payoff was just really disappointing to me. That's the problem with having such a long running plot, the payoff needs to really match the buildup, and this payoff did not live up to a whole seasons worth of build up. It could have maybe held up if this was just a build up of an episode or two but a whole seasons worth of buildup and this is what we get. I still like the show and will watch next season i'm just disappointed that this was the best they could come up with after such a long build up.

17. unixadm

Jan 1, 2001
    Georgia, USA
    I agree that the long buildup required a big payoff of a finale and didn't deliver.

I think my main issue was with the Miniature Killer's character.

I expected that the MK was very much like Grissom...cool, calm and calculating....just the other end of the spectrum....Grissom solves murders being very precise while the MK performs them being very precise. They even led us to believe this by having Grissom display each of the miniatures in glass cases, making the miniature of the lab, making comments in past episodes about how amazing and precise they were, etc. Grissom did seem to display some admiration in the past for the quality of the miniatures. What I expected was a match of wits between Grissom and the MK..what I got was a big letdown.

18. RoundBoy

RoundBoy New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Well.. there have been other grissom head to heads, and they were let downs..

a few years ago, the 'suicide' killer.. that turned out to be the FX guy / Judge .. it wasn't a battle of wits at the end if i remember correctly..

And we *still * need resolution of the voice at the end of the 'Nick's underground tape' Did they forget about it ?

19. angbear1985

angbear1985 Τι ποτέ !

Aug 25, 2006
    Ohio
    That's right ... they just barely talked about that earlier ! :confused:

20. unixadm

Jan 1, 2001
    Georgia, USA
    Wow....I would have expected a couple of pages by now.....guess no one watches CSI any more!

I watched it a second time since my wife hadn't seen it......and the issues I brought up earlier glared even more brightly than before.

I have been really anticipating the MK finale....and really hoped it had lived up to what they had built it up to. Unfortunately, it wasn't even close.

Let's hear from others.......did you enjoy the episode, or were you disapointed? What was your expectation?

Come'on....this is the first and the best of the CSI shows......does anyone even watch them anymore?