CSI: Crime Scene Investigation 12/8/2005 (S06E10) "Still Life"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Dec 8, 2005 #1 of 13
    dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...

Advertisements

That was odd... surprised me how long it took before I caught on to there being something wrong.

2. Dec 9, 2005 #2 of 13
    Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Spooky. Thats why I like the original CSI.

3. Dec 9, 2005 #3 of 13
    GerryGag

GerryGag New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    I would have been more surprised if the dang description of the show didn't give it away! (I gotta stop reading those before watching the show!)

4. Dec 9, 2005 #4 of 13
    MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    Hey, no one has mentioned the moustache is gone.

And Kelly returns. She was the one Nick visited in jail after he was rescued. Many of us felt she might return in some way.

5. Dec 9, 2005 #5 of 13
    speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina

Advertisements

Besides the fact we were inundated with previews of the show all weekend that gave away the plot too. Totally ruined it for me. Yes, I normally Tivo stuff and ff through commercials, but was watching the Army-Navy game live on CBS last week. :thumbsdown:

Cheryl

6. Dec 9, 2005 #6 of 13
    ovr8ted

ovr8ted New Member

Feb 27, 2005
    An OK episode. The last scene had the biggest spark in my opinion. I'm glad they didn't just drop that storyline.

It was nice to get a glimpse into Grissom's past/life.

7. Dec 9, 2005 #7 of 13
    MiakioAmy

MiakioAmy New Year. New Name.

Oct 2, 2002
    Johns Creek, GA
    I didn't see any previews or read the description, but I knew something was wrong from the beginning when the mom didn't have a current picture and the jacket had never been worn.

8. Dec 9, 2005 #8 of 13
    mike_k

mike_k Registered User

Sep 20, 2005
    Mason, OH
    Pretty good episode - my only annoyance was when Catherine was at the house at night and they still hadn't retrieved something with the boy's scent for the dogs to use. I understand why the mother would not be more helpful, but it seems like CSI or the cops would be a little more persistent.

9. Dec 9, 2005 #9 of 13
    barrettd

barrettd Boomer Sooner

Jun 14, 2003
    Oklahoma...
    Can someone remind me how the girl figured in the burial episodes? I've forgotten. Also, moments like Nick has like he had with that girl remind me of how much I like him as an actor.

I didn't like the final camera shot running to the woman like a kid. But I do love me some CSI:LV.

10. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Was this a new episode? I don't know if my HD-TiVo recorded it. Although it was late when I got home, hopefully I just over looked it. I have no desire to watch it in SD again. I've watched itin HD since Season two and it just isn't the same in SD.

11. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    Was the girl the daughter of the guy who blew himself up? They still have that whole unresolved angle with the other person on the tape that they talked about in this season's opener, but never addressed again.

Was she already in jail at the time of the episode? Otherwise, she couldn't have spent more than half a year there, assuming on 1 year per season.

I vaguely remember a scene about not letting anger about something turn you sour and ruining your life, but not the details.

Update: It's all outlined here.

12. grant33

grant33 Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Manassas, VA
    I swear I've seen this exact storyline somewhere else, but for the life of me I can't figure out where. Maybe my wife watched this episode while I was sleeping and it slipped into my subconscious.

13. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    I just caught the tail end of this episode in a rerun and then read the synopsis linked here (thanks!). I'm wondering what happened to Sam Braun's money. Did it end up being blown up in the explosion or was he able to get it back?

I think there was a Law and Order episode similar to this with a young girl buried alive and the team running out of time to find her, but I can't place it either. Maybe SVU?