CSI: Crime Scene Investigation 10/19/2006 (S07E04) "Double-Cross"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dswallow, Oct 19, 2006.

1. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...

Advertisements

The creative team for this series must really be hard up to resort to crucifixion in a Catholic church. How original.

The last time I saw Sean Patrick Flanery was in Powder. Quite a different look for him, though we didn't see as much of him as before. ;)

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    He's been the Big Bad in Dead Zone for years now...

3. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I think this was the most traditional CSI episode of the season so far. In fact, it was so traditional, Grissom even called Sara "dear" after he returned with the rosary beads to match the bruises on the vic's neck. How sweet.

4. Joeg180

Joeg180 Burning Daylight

Jun 1, 2003
    Niskayuna
    First Grissom's dear and then Sara apologizing for offending him? When are they going to register at some lab supply company?

5. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish

Advertisements

+1 (with a snort and coffee on the KBD)

6. angbear1985

angbear1985 Τι ποτέ !

Aug 25, 2006
    Ohio

Does this specimen jar come in any other colors then clear ? We will take 8, please.

7. headroll

headroll Let em' Roll

Jan 20, 2003
    Long...
    I was surpised how quickly I pre-assumed that the dead girl would be pregnant. Was it obvious, or just a good guess?

- Roll

8. DLiquid

DLiquid Progressive User

Sep 17, 2001
    I don't know why, but lately CSI has the ability to literally put me to sleep. It's really kind of weird. :eek:

9. hawkmoon

hawkmoon New Member

Oct 6, 2006
    Its not weird at all. I can sum this episode up in just one word.

BORING!

Aside from the opener, which really wasn't all that great either, this season has been a serious snoozefest. I can't figure it out. You're up against your biggest competition ever with Grey's Anatomy, wouldn't you try to spice things up rather than put people to sleep? CSI (only the original...the others suck) has been a must-see for me since the day it started. This season has been the first time I've started to feel like the show has peaked and its all downhill from here. I really hope they can find some of the energy they used to have...bright lights, big city, cool music, fun/interesting characters, puzzling cases...where have they gone? Is it time to clear the deadwood out of the writing staff and start fresh?

10. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Yeah. I found myself zipping ahead just to get to the inevitable ending. These type of shows are getting way too predictable. Have writers really run out of formulas to use? I think we might be seeing the beginning of the end of the big "Crime Show" ratings on TV. I'm still hanging in there with CSI but I can't bring myself to watch any of the Law and Orders anymore. They just languish at the bottom on my "NPL". I don't even watch "new" crime shows anymore. I wonder what the next "big thing" will be? They tried Aliens landing on Earth last season... Problem is all the networks always find out about any new ideas and then they all copy each other and kill most of the interest by flooding us with too many variants on the same theme... But I digress... CSI just isn't that interesting anymore...

11. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I think we should get our friendly Pshychic detective from Santa Barbara to visit Las Vegas and shake things up a bit ...

12. davsherm

davsherm Active Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Tampa
    Well I guess it's a good thing this episode was boring, I only got 40 minutes of it...

13. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Actually, you have a point there... I like that and I like the new "Dexter" on SHO as well. Talk about going another direction! THAT'S what I'm talking about! In case you don't know, Dexter is about a crime solving serial killer. Now that's what I call a new twist on an old theme... :D

14. ced6

ced6 kharmawesome expert

Jul 30, 2003
    Morgantown, WV
    I don't know if this is at all interesting, but just FYI. I'm pretty sure this episode was filmed at what I affectionately called the "AIDS church" (due to the big red ribbon on the bell tower) at Highland and Franklin in Hollywood (officially called the Hollywood United Methodist Church). They filmed there for about a week (they had CSI placards up in the surrounding neighborhood, so unless there's another CSI that takes place at a church, this should be the one).

According to the following website, this church was also used for Sister Act and apparently Leeza Gibbons is a congregant (wow - as if this post wasn't already exciting enough :D ).

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Churches/HUMC.shtml