CSI - 10/9 - "For Warrick"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by aintnosin, Oct 10, 2008.

1. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA

Advertisements

Wow, I thought that was a great performance by William Petersen.

2. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I liked his performance and I SO relieved they wrapped this up quickly, I could not have stood a long drawn out storyline where we all knew the killer and they didn't. I'm also not really a fan of emotional funeral scenes for characters on TV shows who have simply left the show.

It was a top notch CSI though.

3. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    I agree about dragging it out. I was really hoping that this was going to end in this episode. I really didn't want it to drag out through the season.

Are they going to replace Warwick in the field? They are actually down 2 people in the field now.. Warwick and Sarah. Are they going to promote like they did with Greg, or bring new people on?

4. angbear1985

angbear1985 Τι ποτέ !

Aug 25, 2006
    Ohio
    :up: This was one of the best episodes I've seen from CSI. ADD ME to the list of being glad that they wrapped up the case in this episode.

I was in tears, on the edge of my seat, when Grissom found Warrick. That whole schene.

5. tripmac

tripmac NASA Supporter

Oct 4, 2004
    Statesboro, GA

Advertisements

Great Episode.

My wife got mad at me when I rewound the scene at the funeral to see what time it was. A 5:30 funeral?

Trip

6. ruexp67

ruexp67 New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    It was a fitting end for Warrick. A great send-off.

I am sad to see him leave the show, and worried about possible future casting decisions. I haven't researched any of the possibilites, but I fear the show may be dead. Unlike L&O, the cast here is not so interchangable that they can replace them all and have the show still work.

7. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Sara showing up was a nice surprise.

8. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    She really looked different.... heavier??

9. angbear1985

angbear1985 Τι ποτέ !

Aug 25, 2006
    Ohio
    Sara looked good. Little heavier - thus, made her look nice.

10. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Amazing episode. Now compare this with the other CSIs and I am amazed they are all from the same Producer especially Miami. I like CSI: NY and it isn't as good as CSI but CSI Miami is just ridiculous, yet I keep watching it.

11. MAWMMA B3AR

MAWMMA B3AR Tivo Newb

Oct 7, 2008
    Earth
    I thought she might have been pregnant :confused: I will say that my girlfriend and I were in tears during parts of last nights episode and that was the first time we have ever cried watching CSI (any of them). :eek:

But I hope the actor get's it together so he can make a come back somewhere else.

12. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Clearly you have not been moved by the power of Horatio Caine removing his sunglasses.

13. MAWMMA B3AR

MAWMMA B3AR Tivo Newb

Oct 7, 2008
    Earth
    Ahahaha! I love it when he does that and then moves closer to the person he is talking to (usually warning them to not cross him). LOL

14. Lopey

Lopey Active Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Ormond...
    it's the sideways stance with the hands on the hips that gets me everytime

15. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA
    They have a new female CSI coming in, but I don't know when she starts.

16. angbear1985

angbear1985 Τι ποτέ !

Aug 25, 2006
    Ohio
    In regard to this episode ... any thoughts on the son ???

17. aintnosin

aintnosin [Spoiler]

Jun 25, 2003
    Lake Forest, CA
    Pure speculation: When Grissom leaves this season, it will be to become sort of a surrogate father to the son.

18. angbear1985

angbear1985 Τι ποτέ !

Aug 25, 2006
    Ohio
    That's what I was wondering... too. Why even start a new story line about the son- other then, something like that - my guess, too.

Anyone else think that the shot at the funeral - the gal holding a baby, was his son?

19. pigonthewing

pigonthewing (& theinstigator)

May 6, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Insty said the same thing. I'm not sure I noticed.

I was thinking the same thing. How do those others shows even stay on the air at all, actually? Ugh, I hate them.

Seriously, I hope she isn't ridiculously hot. For me, that really cuts into believability. Like in Without a Trace, the "new" Spanish woman? What the hell is that? There is no way, none at all, that she's a cop or detective or any such thing. Catherine and Sarah are both pretty without it being over the top, but when they hire gosh-darn models, it's hard to take seriously.

Oh, I totally thought that. I didn't even think it was supposed to be a question, actually.

And, yeah. That. Me too. Though, at the same time, I also couldn't help but to think it was such a waste that Warrick had to die. It's like, wtf? You killed a guy so that you could make your problems go away, and they didn't even go away. Plus, you had to know that they wouldn't. Why would you kill someone to accomplish a goal you know you're not going to accomplish? All you're doing is racking up a body count. So messed up and sad.

20. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I cried through pretty much the whole thing, but then again, I am an emotional sap. :eek: