"Criminal Minds" season premiere - 9/21/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mrdazzo7, Sep 23, 2011.

1. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    They probably could have done a story about a serial killer who dresses up like a rabbit and makes his victims wear carrot costumes and I would have been fine with it because they finally undid the bone-headed move they made last year and got the right team back together.

I liked the way the story played out even though I felt like they brought Emily in way too fast. I guess everyone knew it was happening so there was really no point in dragging it out but it was like "I'm back, lets work the case" like nothing had happened. I really don't understand why Hotch couldn't have told Morgan knowing that he was spending all his time over the last seven months trying to find Doyle to avenge Emily. I think after three months he'd be like "Yeah you're not gonna stop sooooo... she's alive." I guess it sets up some good conflict because he has every right to be pissed.

I love that Ashley got one line of "Oh she transferred to (other dude)'s unit). DONE. Worst character ever. I liked the "outside the box" thinking they used in the story that introduced her but a: that should have given her one episode tops, and B: the way she connected the dots in that case was just ridiculous ("we couldn't have a dog so clearly the man in this town that doesn't have the dog is the killer" or whatever). The character was bad.

It probably wouldn't have mattered what character they used because the core seven are what make the show good. Hate procedurals with a passion but love this one because the characters and relationships actually matter. The Prentiss story was good because it creates drama in the group.

I think they learned their mistakes from the terrible last season so this should be a pretty good run.

2. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    One of my favorite shows and I thought they did this episode very well.

3. SLJackson

SLJackson New Member

May 17, 2010
    I missed this episode. Anyone know where I can catch it at?

4. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    I wasn't thrilled with the premiere. I just wanted the old team back and a good serial killer... Looks like next week we'll go back to the serial killers.

5. sburnside1

sburnside1 Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Thomas Gibson almost looks sick. He face seemed so thin.

6. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    I really like this show and the characters. But, this ep felt like the cast didn't even believe the perfunctory dialog they had to deliver. It was like, "Okay, we have to explain Prentiss coming back from the dead, so let's get it over with."

Hopefully, next week, it'll be back to investigations as usual.

BTW, I'm glad that Prentiss and J.J. are back.

7. andyw715

andyw715 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2007
    especially JJ

8. GoodSpike

GoodSpike Active Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    My wife likes this show. I usually fall asleep halfway through, and that was true of this episode.

9. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I knew from the beginning that Emily was alive. If she was truly dead and gone, the actress wouldn't have been featured in the opening credits. ;)

10. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    And if she were truly dead and gone, they wouldn't have shown her still alive at the end of the episode where she "died"... :D

11. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Nice to have the band back together.

12. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    CBS.com usually has complete episodes.

13. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Is it wrong I miss Seaver? I really liked the character, certainly for me more than JJ.

14. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Who is Seaver? Was that the replacement JJ? If so, yes, it's wrong.:D

She may (or may not) be a good actor, but she was given an unachievable task--replace one of the more popular characters on a top 10 show. For no reason, other than to save money. And it didn't help that she even looked like a JJ clone.