Criminal Minds - S3 E3 - 10/10/07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Jesda, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    No more Mandy Patinkin, but more Thomas Gibson? Ohhhhh well.

"We're doing just fine without Gideon." -- But how about the ratings.

2. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Yeah, I have to say this episode did absolutely nothing for me. I'll give it another week or two but after that... I've got too many things backing up on my DVR. Heck, I still have the last 3 episodes of Rescue Me that I haven't watched :eek: .

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I'm willing to cut them a lot of slack, given that they were given no warning that they would have to completely retool the show. It's going to take them some time to get back on track.

I just hope the show can survive the transition, and that Mandy Patinkin never gets series work again.

4. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    If someone is slowly dumping bags of soil onto me, I'm going to just run around and get it all packed down, eventually it will be high enough that I can get out and kick their ass.

I realize the rationalization is that she was frozen by fear or something, but I still think its lame.

Z

5. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I was thinking the same! I assumed he was going to run a hose down there or something to turn it into mud.

6. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Totally agree. That completely ruined the episode for me. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

7. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    I am normally on board with Rob's Hot Sports Opinions :D but what if Mandy really thought the show was heading downhill and he wasn't happy with the product? While I admit, no showing and never voicing any complaints is crappy, I don't really have a problem with an actor finding himself hating the show and wanting out.

He should have at the very least giving them enough time to get a replacement and get him out. There isn't much of an excuse for how he did it.

I probably will always be a big fan of his for his work on Dead Like Me though.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Indeed. But perhaps it was a blessing in disguise that it only lasted two seasons. Imagine if Patinkin had followed his usual pattern and not shown up for work at the beginning of Season 3?

9. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Then I would cane him myself. He was fantastic in that.

I guess my biggest complaint with Criminal Minds is that it seems like they are headed down being a horror show instead of a Criminal show. The Saw episode is what killed the show for me.

10. AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    It's not that she was frozen with fear. It's that she was drugged by the "doctor", and was still incredibly dopey. My guess is that it was a struggle just to stand up. Ironically, the fact that he heart rate and breathing rate were likely reduced by the drugging may have given her a better chance of being revived (because of aspirating less dirt).

11. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
  12. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    I didn't see her get drugged. She walked down with him, (presumably for some sort of "face your fears" therapy ) and he shoved her in the hole. Did I miss something?

Z

13. AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    Yes. He gave her a cup of tea or something to help her relax. She started getting wobbly as they got down to the basement, and she half collapsed/half was pushed down into the hole. We saw the scene briefly from her perspective - the room getting wobbly and hazy.

14. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH

Hmm i still don't think she was drugged. I think she was wobbly with fear :)

He didn't drug the dude in the lake.

Z

15. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    He definitely drugged her tea.

But unless she was unconscious, she should have been able to stay on top of the dirt, since he was going one tiny bag at a time!