Criminal Minds / Hallmark crossover event??

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cstelter, Feb 10, 2020.

1. cstelter

cstelter Active Member

Mar 17, 2002
    Mankato, MN
    So I may be the only one out here still watching Criminal Minds (I thought it had been cancelled until the final season started showing up on my DVR), but I got a pretty good chuckle when Rachel Leigh Cook showed up as a potential love interest for Reid on the episode "Saturday" a few weeks ago.

At first it was "Hey-- I recognize her from those vineyard movies on Hallmark". But then there was a meet cute., followed by her nephew begging Reid to follow along, and his mother making it obvious she was single. Reid's story was probably the C story and nearly completely non-intersecting with the A & B stories, so to me it seemed as a mini Hallmark movie within the episode.

My wife doesn't watch Criminal minds, but she's all about Hallmark and Hallmark Mysteries, so I played her just the Reid story and she got a laugh as well (well, maybe she was laughing at me for showing it to her, but why quibble).

Then a couple episodes later came "Date Night", which if "Saturday" felt like a mini Hallmark Channel movie, could be considered a sequel/2nd half on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. This time Reid is the 'A' story, and again the episode hits a lot of Hallmark tones.

Anyway-- just wondering if anyone else observed this strange mash-up. If you like Hallmark shows and know anything about Criminal Minds you may want to watch those two episodes.

alpacaboy likes this.
  2. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Not really a Hallmark movie. More like a Lifetime Movie Channel movie.

While Rachael Leigh Cook has been cast in quite a few Hallmark romances in recent years, she was an FBI agent for three seasons of Perception (with Eric McCormack as a Reid-like consulting psychologist).

Only four episodes of Criminal Minds left in this final season, so I don’t think we’ll see her again.