Credit for new fee structure?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Boston Fan, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Boston Fan

Boston Fan Active Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Eastern PA

Advertisements

We subscribe to TC, which just moved to $44.99/mo. On our new bill there is a $3 credit I have not seen before:

03/02/2006 xxxxxxxx - RCREDIT-06 $-3.00 $0.00 $-3.00

The credit is the same amount as the TC monthly increase, is it related? I am not under any annual commitment.

2. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Active Member

Oct 6, 2003
    D* has done this in the past, but only for those subscribers on a contract commitment.

3. dmurph

dmurph New Member

Mar 2, 2006
    I have that too.. I called the rep about it and he said only new activations are supposed to have it, so he couldnt figure out why it was on my account, and also couldnt promise how long it would remain.

In any case, I'm not going to complain about a -$3 on my account.

4. herdfan

herdfan New Member

Feb 5, 2003
    Hurricane, WV
    It used to be that if you were under a commitment that you would not get the price increase until your commitment was over. So the increase would show as a credit on your bill. Don't know if that has changed or not.

5. Boston Fan

Boston Fan Active Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Eastern PA

Advertisements

I wonder if activating the DVR I received through the DVR4ME deal triggered the $3 credit. They had to override the 2 year commitment when it was activated, so maybe the system mistakenly believes I am under contract an am owed a credit (my account still shows "no annual commitment").