Creative Zen Vision: M

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Dmontgummy, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Dmontgummy

Dmontgummy Member

Jul 31, 2002

Advertisements

I am getting ready to use up my TiVo reward points since some expire in 2 weeks. I am seriously considering getting a Creative Zen Vision: M. But I want to find out if anyone here has used it for their TTG transfers? I know that the battery life is not very long with videos, but that would not be it's primary use. Before I order it, I want to make sure that it works well with TiVo. Anyone have any feedback for me?

2. TivoFan

TivoFan Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Northampton, MA

I don't have any feedback on TTG Transfers, but I do have some general feedback. I think it's a better player than the iPod from a hardware perspective, with one exception (I like the clickwheel on the iPod better). The real problem is the software. It's not great. Compared to iTunes it really sucks. And getting podcasts onto your Zen is a pain. If they ever improve the software I might try it again, but not now.

3. Dmontgummy

Dmontgummy Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Interesting about the podcast problem. I have not really gotten into the whole podcast thing so that might not be a big thing for me. Basically my dilemna is as follows:
    **Get a shuffle and save my remaining points. I would then have till September to redeem remaining points.
    **Or get an Apple Nano.
    **Or for the same amount of points get the Vision: M. The Vision M has a built in FM radio and plays videos and the Nano does neither. I don't plan on spening a lot of time watching videos on the Vision: M. But I would on occasion which is why I want to make sure there are no major TTG issues.
    Can anyone give me a reason why I should get the Nano over the Vision?

4. ferreter

ferreter Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Reston, VA
    I've got the Vision:M and it works great. Just use Iriverter to convert the video to a format that the Vision:M recognizes. It's much better than the Ipod and plays many different types of video. I also use the FM tuner a lot.

5. lllplus2

lllplus2 New Member

Dec 27, 2006

Advertisements

I got my daughter a vision m for Christmas. I compared it side by side with the ipod video. The vision m won because of its multiple video playback formats. Is it possible to download content from a directv dvr? We have a philips 704 and unfortunately a directv r15. :mad:

6. wouldworker

wouldworker _

Sep 7, 2004
    MA, USA
    Does anyone know whether the Vision:M from Tivo rewards is 30GB or 60GB? The website doesn't seem to say.