Create wishlist from TiVo web site?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by TXTivoUser, Aug 16, 2007.

1. TXTivoUser

TXTivoUser Jeep Ninja

Nov 27, 2002
    Denton, Texas
    Can it be done? How? I didn't see a way online.

I'm setting up new wishlists for shows not currently airing and it's certainly easier to use a keyboard to type than the remote.

2. mdscott

mdscott Active Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hermosa...
    Sorry Season Passes only.

Michael

3. TXTivoUser

TXTivoUser Jeep Ninja

Nov 27, 2002
    Denton, Texas
    Dagnabbit!!!

Official feature request!!!
    Either that or by using the Tivo desktop software...whatever works for you.

Thanks Michael!

4. TiVotion

TiVotion Early Adoptersaurus

Dec 6, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Yeah, that among others, are things I wish we could do online that we currently can't.

Another nice thing would be remote deletions. Either being able to delete a show on one TiVo from another TiVo, or online. But I guess if it was possible to delete a show online, that means that TiVo online scheduling would have to be able to read the contents of your box, and I'm guessing that would open up all sorts of privacy issues or something.

5. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    Tivo website is not realtime anyhow. If you make a season pass it will not add to your list until overnight. It would probably be the same with the list of items in your recently deleted folder. I think you need to setup your own HTTP to your box and leave Tivo's site out of the mix.

6. gonzotek

gonzotek tivo_xml developer

Sep 24, 2004
    Outside...
    It's not realtime, but not necessarily overnight. From the Online Scheduling FAQ:

7. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    Didn't know this, how does it work? Does my Tivo phone home every hour or so or is their a port open so Tivo can trigger my box?

8. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    my understanding was that your tivo checks every 15 minutes or so with a central server.