Create new account/split existing account

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by pj1983, Jan 22, 2020.

1. pj1983

pj1983 Active Member

Dec 26, 2016
    BFE NoVa
    Greetings,

I have a Roamio and a couple of Minis on my account that I want to transfer to my son. IIRC, there was a way to create a new account on tivo.com so that devices could be transferred to it. That link seems to have disappeared, replaced by:

Have a TiVo device from your cable company? Click here to create an account.

If I click on that link and enter the TSN and MAK, I get a "This device already has an email associated with it" response. Likewise, attempting to activate the device results in (as expected) "This device has already been activated".

I thought there were some existing threads on this general topic, but the only one I could find was from 2017, which recommended contacting TiVo support. Before I go there, is there a link somewhere else on tivo.com I've missed?

2. pppingme

pppingme Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Create the new account and call tivo to "move" the equipment between accounts.

As a side note, every piece of equipment can have its own billing info (different c/c's and such). If there's ever a chance you'll want to trade stuff around, or combine your stuff onto one network, I'd probably take this route.