Crashes due to multiple streams

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by JEisen, Dec 28, 2017.

1. JEisen

JEisen New Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Can anyone else confirm that the Bolt+ can only support one stream to a mobile device at a time, and that as soon as a second one starts it just crashes the TiVo? (This is what's happening to me, and that's what TiVo support just told me...) I just bought this so that me and my wife could both watch our shows without having to coordinate to make sure we aren't about to crash the box...

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I don't have an answer for you, but is this in-house or out of the house?

-KP

3. JEisen

JEisen New Member

Aug 12, 2010
    So far, only tested in-house.

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    In home it can do two streams but out of home seems to be limited to one.

I know in the past I've streamed to two Android devices in home without any issue. But I'm not sure if I've done it since installing Hydra last month.

5. JEisen

JEisen New Member

Aug 12, 2010
    I'm not on Hydra yet (I don't think) -- still on 20.7.4.RC18-USC-11-849.

6. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Maybe there's some kind of networking issue going on?

Have you seen the threads about IGMP Snooping?

Did you give details about your connection / network?

-KP

7. JEisen

JEisen New Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Network configuration:

Gigabit FiOS coming into the house via ethernet from the ONT outside to a Quantum Gateway router inside. The router also feeds into the coax network, creating a MoCA network which the TiVo is set up as a client. (Note: This problem also happens with the TiVo set up with ethernet, in which case it was connected directly to the Quantum Gateway. I have no other TiVos in the house (yet) -- the plan is to add Minis via MoCA.

There is a second wifi router (Apple Time Capsule) wired directly into the Quantum Gateway acting as a wifi repeater only, with the Quantum Gateway handling DHCP, NAT, etc. The problem occurs when I'm connected to either wifi network (the dual a/n or b/g network from the Time Capsule sharing a network name or the n/ac network from the Quantum Gateway).

The IGMP Snooping thread didn't seem to apply as I'm able to access the TiVo just fine on any one device at a time.

kpeters59 likes this.