Crackling, Popping, Static Noice - Roamio & Denon Soundbar

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by esilbe1, May 20, 2017.

1. esilbe1

esilbe1 Member

Nov 20, 2006

Advertisements

I just bought and setup a Denon HEOS soundbar with my TIVO Roamio. When I change channels or fast forward/rewind, there is a static/crackling/pop sound.

Denon is stumped, so I'm hoping this community can help. What might it be?

I tried:
    • Using HDMI and Optical - the same problem on both
    • Other set top boxes (e.g. cable) and they have same problem all be it less pronounced
    Thanks for your help.

2. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    Try connecting the Denon HEOS sound bar power cord into a different wall socket.
    Same for the sub woofer.

3. esilbe1

esilbe1 Member

Nov 20, 2006
    I plugged the sub and sound bar into different wall outlets and the problem continues :(

4. Maximo Vizcaino

Maximo Vizcaino New Member

Nov 9, 2017
    I am having the exact problem too. I already made the changes you suggested and problem continues.

5. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006

Advertisements

Occasional popping with Samsung TV too.

6. esilbe1

esilbe1 Member

Nov 20, 2006
    Just to update this thread, I returned my Denon unit and bought a Sonos. The Sonos isn't perfect. There are small delays with audio after rewind/play or pause/play or when switching inputs, but Sonos has amazing support and has worked very hard to remediate any issues I've had. I am now convinced this is may be an issue with the TIVO (I have the roamio) being paired with a sound bar that doesn't have a processor. When I had a Sony soundbar, it had a subwoofer that acted as a processor, so that buffered any issues like the glitch. Anyway, the Sonos is fantastic because the software is best in class, and the support is outstanding.