Cox V58 Channel Not Authorized

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by KennethW, Jan 30, 2015.

1. KennethW

KennethW Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Hi All - Just got my new Roamio Plus. I immediately swapped out the stock 1TB drive for a new 4TB drive and got it up a running using Telemark's guide. Popped the cable card out of my Tivo Premiere and into the the Tivo Roamio and viola I have cable television on the Roamio. WhoHoo.

Except, three premium channels. 1292 EPIXHD, 1300 HBOHD, 1308 WHBOHD.

I am getting the V58 Channel Not Authorized error. Now these channels were tuning fine in my premiere before popping it into the Roamio. I called Cox Support and the CSR tried everything in her power, sending hits to TA and CCs, etc. Checking acct, etc. This was the same cable card in my old premiere. No luck.

Anyone else having this issue? I have Cox in Omaha. I have a Motorola M Card and Motorola Tuning Adapter. I have tech coming on Sunday.

FYI - My Tivo Software version is: 20.4.5c-uSA-6-848

Thanks
    Ken

2. Diana Collins

Diana Collins Well-Known Member TCF Club

Aug 21, 2002
    New York...
    This is most likely a cablecard pairing issue. Check out the steps shown here: http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2569

Pay particular attention to the "Val:" setting.

3. KennethW

KennethW Member

Dec 15, 2003
    The value for VAL is suspect under the Conditional Access screen:
    Con: Yes
    Val: ? 0x23
    Auth: S

Thanks - I will pass this on to Cox.

4. Hiveranno

Hiveranno New Member

Jan 29, 2015
    It seems you found the problem under the "VAL" value. When you switch out the HDD in your TiVo the CableCARD thinks it is a new device and drops the pairing.

5. KennethW

KennethW Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Actually, I never powered on the new Roamio with it's original drive in it. I took the original 1TB "virgin" drive out and stuck it in the closet. So the CableCard never knew about any other hard drive. It only knew about the other Tivo Premiere it was originally paired to. I removed the cablecard from the Premiere to put into the new Roamio.

Thoughts ?

6. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
  7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    This is a common problem when moving a cable card to a new box. Everything works EXCEPT premium channels. I don't have the issue but searching for it might help. There is a "higher level" of pairing for premium channels. I speculate that the TiVo's serial number gets involved. No premium channels = no problem. I've done it twice.

8. KennethW

KennethW Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Thank you for the reply. I called Cox this morning and spent an hour or so on the phone with them. I am honestly not sure if they ever tried to repair or just sent "hits" to the card. Shall I call them back. I have a truck roll scheduled for Sunday but would like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

9. KennethW

KennethW Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Thanks Joe. I am getting 95% of my premium channels. I have Cox and Starx and the MoviePak. I am getting all 20 or 30 except for three channels.

So, the Tivo serial number is somewhere tied to the cable card pairing. ?

Shall I wait for the truck roll or call them back and ask them to re-pair as if it was a new device ?

Thanks
    Ken

10. CoxInPHX

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    When you move the CableCARD the numbers change. Write down the new numbers and verify them with Cox, call them back, and read them the new numbers.

This will not change, but verify anyway.
    CableCARD Serial Number or SN# __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

These number have changed. read them and have them read them back to you.
    CableCARD ID __ __ __-__ __ __-__ __ __-__ __ __-__
    Host ID __ __ __-__ __ __-__ __ __-__ __ __-__
    Data __ __ __-__ __ __-__ __ __-__ __

11. KennethW

KennethW Member

Dec 15, 2003
    I actually also noticed that in addition to the

VAL=? setting

The CCI=0x00 setting has.

The Tivo thead posted by Diana says:

If this value is 0x00 and you are not able to watch the channel, the problem is not related to your CableCARD. You should check your cable connections and the quality of the cable signal coming into the TiVo DVR.

Does that indicate a signal problem opposed to a pairing problem ?

12. KennethW

KennethW Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Ok - Spent another 30 minutes on with Cox and Cable Card Support. Tech did attempt to repair the cable card but I never got any indication on the Tivo that anything happened. Under the Test Channels screen, it shows no channels available.

Would having a MOCA network and MOCA POE filter prevent a re-pair from happening or getting through ? Just wondering ?

I guess I will wait for the truck to roll on Sunday.

Thanks for all your feedback.

13. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    well if you still have the tech come out sunday at least you will have a lot of information for him to look at , thanks to the tivo communitys information you got ,this site is awesome!!:up::up::up:

14. KennethW

KennethW Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Agreed. Gotta love the folks here at Tivo Community!

Thanks for the support.

15. CoxInPHX

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    What happened today? Did Cox come out?

16. KennethW

KennethW Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Yes - It was a cable card pairing issue as Diana diagnosed immediately. Once the back office re-paired the card, I got a V next to the Val setting on the Conditional Access screen.

Not sure why the cable card dept could not figure that out when a called back with all of this information previously.

Anyway, all is now well with the world and we are loving our new Roamio and Mini.

Thanks everyone for your help and Support.

17. Jeff Neph

Jeff Neph New Member

Jul 12, 2016
    I know I'm a year too late, but, as I am getting V58 on every channel, and Cox CSRs seem to have no clue what to do, would it not be prudent simply to go to the nearby Cox store and replace the card and run through the activation process for a new cable card?

That's what I'm going to try. Crossing my fingers.

18. DEC2955

DEC2955 Member

May 3, 2009
    Kansas
    I can tell you for a fact that in 75% of the times changing the card is not going to fix this error, this is an authentication error on COX side! Personal experience with 4 TIVO boxes.

>>The following is based on your local COX system is using the Motorola based systems. <<

Have the COX cable card CSR remove their devices from your account, ask them to do a refresh of their CSR screens, now add them back, you will be in the CABLE CARD screen and once they have added device(s), have them send a reset to the switched digital box, once the "SWT" has locked on the signal (this can take up to 60 mins (the longest it took my system.)), write down the current "DATA NUMBER", do a 'REFRESH' in the CABLE CARD screen to make sure that the screen data number has not change, "IF" it has changed, have the rep update your account with the new number.

The above has corrected loss of authentication on my four boxes after a lightening strike, which had taken out a street side COX distribution node.

My personal trouble is... since a lightening strike two blocks away ...I am having to call into COX to have my DATA NUMBER updated in their systems.. it has been suggested that maybe the server that my account is on might be experiencing harddrive issues and have requested that the drive be replaced.. I have not lost power since the harddrive swap was to of happened to see if that takes care of the issue.

David

19. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    nope transfering the card to new tivo trigged it the roamios and newer store info on the motherboard not hard drive.

20. KennethW

KennethW Member

Dec 15, 2003
    I'm back after nearly 3 years to report the same error / issue I was getting years ago. Three premium channels not coming thru with the V58 error. Just got off the phone with Cox. He repaired my cable card but it did not complete successfully, most channels came through except for three premium channels. After some time, he noticed that the DataId on the cable card was empty on the Cox side. I checked the DataId on the cable card pairing diagnostics screen. As the tech and I were work working the Dataid continued to update/change every minute or so on the tivo side. What the tech determined was that he was able to stop the pending pair request or unpair it. Not sure on the terminology. After he stopped the pending pair request, he entered the DataId that I read to him off of my cable card pairing screen and voila, all was well. Hope this helps someone else.

UCLABB likes this.