Cox Tucson no guide data in 700's

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Stinkweed8, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Stinkweed8

Stinkweed8 Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Tucson
    COx Tucson, guide data is missing for the 700 channels (these are the HD channels). It just says "no information available". I have reconnected successfully to the servers manually a couple of times, but no change. All other channels show fine.

Any thoughts? Shows tune fine in the 700 range...It just shows no data. Makes it impossible to record by season pass / or search.

This is a tivo HD, not a premier...got this in the wrong section, sorry.

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    There were some threads about Cox slowly migrating all HD channels to the 1000+ channel range across the country. Some Cox markets have already done so. There is supposed to be an overlap period when they do that such that the ones in 700 range and 1000+ range both still work. So you should see if you have guide data in 1000+ range and can tune those channels instead. If not perhaps TiVo/Zap2it jumped the gun in shifting listings or Cox in your market delayed the move.

3. Stinkweed8

Stinkweed8 Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Tucson
    You were right. The channels are now in the 1000's. I guess i missed / deleted the memo.

I wouldve thought the software would have picked up the switched and moved SP's over to the new channels. I had to go in and check off the new channels telling the Tivo that I get those channels, and hopefully all is good now. Thanks

4. Fibble

Fibble New Member

Feb 19, 2010
    As of 5:30am today, the listings in Tucson are showing up for the 1000-series channels, but nothing is being broadcast on them (for the Tivo, the Cox box is working on both 700 and 1000 series). All the 700-series channels are showing "To be announced" on the listing, but the channels are working. I called tech support and they knew about the switch-over but nothing about when or how it was supposed to go. She opened a "trending" ticket, since she said a supervisor in another department heard someone else called in yesterday with the same problem. Sounds like the right hand isnt talking to the left hand over at Cox...

Some good news though - all my Season Passes migrated to the 1000-series channels so I didnt have to do it manually. Oh, and there was no memo to miss or delete - Cox just didnt bother to tell anyone with CableCards what they were doing.

5. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    The channel map for CableCard devices (that map channel numbers to frequencies) is different than that of Cox set top boxes unless you have a Tuning Adapter, so that would explain the difference. Obviously Cox made sure things would work right for their own boxes and neglected to keep both channel assignments for CableCard channel map.

For me I have tuning adapter so if/when the transition happens here in Orange County hopefully it will be more seamless than the Tucson experience. I think Cox made similar goofs in other areas as well with regards to CableCard mappings.

6. Tico

Tico Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Dec 9, 2002

You need a tuning adapter

7. Tico

Tico Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Dec 9, 2002

I got a message and insert in my bill and have seen about 40tybillion commercials about it.

8. Fibble

Fibble New Member

Feb 19, 2010
    I have a tuning adapter. It didn't help because Cox turned OFF the 700-series listings before turning ON the 1000-series broadcasting. So instead of an overlap, they created a gap.

Today all the 700-series channels had their listings info back on again. The 1000-series channels are still showing the listings, but Cox is still not broadcasting on those channels.

My Season Passes were migrated to the 1000-series channels automatically, but that does me no good since there is nothing broadcast on those channels. So I had to change them all back to the 700-series channels. I'm guessing I will have to manually move them back to the 1000-series when Cox finally pulls the trigger on the switchover.

People with paperless statements don't get their bill in the mail, and I didn't see anything about the switch-over in my online statement. I didn't see any commercials about it. I think an email (I have the Cox bundle) or a message on my Tivo would have been more effective. At the very least the customer service reps should have been told what was going on. As it was, they (and the supervisors) didn't have a clue about it.

9. srb_tucson

srb_tucson New Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Actually Cox Tucson is broadcasting on the series-1000 channels, but they are using an SDV channel map (whether the channels are SDV or not) and not the CableCARD channel map. Therefore tuning the 1000-series channels presently requires a Tuning Adapter.

I am hoping that once the switchover is permanent, that the SDV channel map will no longer be used, as I have found the Tuning Adapters to be somewhat unstable, requiring periodic rebooting.

Edit: I see you do have a Tuning Adapter. I wasn't able to receive any 1000-series channels without it, but I can receive all of my 1000-series channels with it. The channels still don't appear on my CableCARD channel map. Perhaps your SDV channel map is not being updated.

Steve