Cox San Diego

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by murraymh, Sep 29, 2011.

1. murraymh

murraymh New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I'm in the Cox San Diego South service area and just today I received a Tivo update saying a slew of new HD channels are available - channels 1039, 1317,1320, 1321, 1322, 1360 & some premium channels I don't pay for.

I tune to these channels & I get "channel not available". Now I don't have a tuning adapter hooked up. I called Cox tech support & was told I would need one to get these new HD channels, but because of past problems I'm not all that confident with them.

What I'm asking here is for Cox San Diego Tivo customers who do have tuning adapters set up, and are they receiving the new HD channels announced today?

Thanks guys & gals...I've gotten some great feedback from this community in the past.

2. Johncv

Johncv Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
    As of now you do not need a tuning adapter for any of the HD channels it only use to receive the 300 channels. Too receive the additional HD channels you to add the movie package to your subscription. If you just subscribe to HBO you only receive HBO1 and HBO2.

Just re-read your post I going to need to check and get back to you. When I receive my tuning adapter the letter that came with stated that it was only for receiving the 300 channels.

3. murraymh

murraymh New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    San Diego, CA

Are you getting the channels I listed without a tuning adapter?

4. Johncv

Johncv Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
    Look like you need a tuning adapter in order to receive the channels. The tuning adapter is free so might as will have Cox send you one. Set it up where you can reach the USB plug in the back of the adapter so when things go flaky all you have to do is unplug it and plug it back in. That usually fixes things, sometimes you need to reboot the TiVo and let it acquire channels (the spinning icon). Lately I have been having no problem with the adapter, so they must have sent a firmware up date.

5. Ennui

Ennui San Diego

Sep 2, 2008
    Yes, I have three TA's on three TiVo's. Have checked on only one so far but the new channels are there except the movie channels I do not subscribe to. I was particularly pleased to see Fox Business HD. I always watched it on 317 in SD.

6. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    FYI: Cox Employee "Joshuarat" keeps updating a posting of all SDV channels for San Diego.
    http://www.sandiegohdtv.org/forums/thread-tuning-adaptor?pid=1357#pid1357

Is anyone in San Diego getting the "Plus Package" HD channels on their TiVo Premiere?

1101 The Hub HD ±
    1315 Outdoor HD ±
    1362 Cooking Channel HD ±
    1363 DIY HD ±
    1900 SWRV HD (not listed as Plus Package, but most other markets have this as PP)

1202 HBO Signature HD ±
    1203 HBO Family HD ±
    1204 HBO Latino HD ±
    1205 HBO East HD ±
    1206 HBO2 East HD ±
    1207 HBO Zone HD ±
    1208 HBO Comedy HD ±

1222 Action Max HD ±
    1224 Cinemax East HD ±
    1225 5 Star Max East HD ±
    1226 More Max East HD ±
    1227 Thriller Max East HD ±

1239 Showtime East HD ±
    1242 Showtime Showcase HD ±
    1243 Showtime Extreme HD ±
    1244 The Movie Channel HD ± (I don't think this is actually a Plus Package channel)
    1245 The Movie Channel East HD ±
    1246 The Movie Channel Extra HD ±

1263 Starz Comedy HD ±
    1264 Starz Kids & Family HD ±
    1265 Starz East HD ±
    1266 Starz in Cinema East HD ±
    1267 Starz in Black East HD ±

± Channel available with subscription to Cox Plus Pak, Cox HD service and subscription to corresponding programming Pak or premium channel.

7. murraymh

murraymh New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks for the helpful info.

And yes I would also like to know if anyone is getting the plus channels in San Diego thru their Tivo.