COX Phoenix - promotions invalid to cable card user

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Ryan Sulluvan, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Ryan Sulluvan

Ryan Sulluvan New Member

Apr 22, 2021

Advertisements

First post, be gentle. :)
    I just spent about 2 hours working through 4 different reps with cox (and customer retention). Cox is flat out refusing to change ANY aspect of my account as long as I have the cable card. Even the internet speed. I can't change a single thing unless I remove the cable card and get all that contour crap. Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, tips, tricks, that I might try? I've been a Tivo guy for more years than I can count and fear that I'm nearing the end of the road..as much as I don't want it to be.

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I had the same problem with Cox in Orange County, CA. Got fed up with them and cancelled phone and TV service and just kept internet and went with YTTV for TV service. Good riddance to overpriced Cox TV service I'd had for 20+ years!

3. powrcow

powrcow Active Member

Sep 27, 2010
    I’m in Tucson with Cox. Going to a store is more successful but expect it to take quite a while. I was told they changed how their plans and deals work. I got a small discount but ultimately they don’t support cable cards any more.

Ryan Sulluvan likes this.
  4. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    Well you are nearing the end of the road. Technology moved on and Tivo didn't move with it,st least in their dvr ecosystem. New regulations or lack of them make it even easier for cable companies to end support. You can either cling and fight for pennies or sell while the lifetime units have value and use the coin to migrate to a different solution.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

NashGuy and Ryan Sulluvan like this.
  5. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT

Advertisements

Not only that but moving the Cartoon Network to a higher prices tier with no regard for contracts and agreements is just another reason to go elsewhere. I filed an FCC complaint and sure enough git a call from a Comcast executive. He basically was honest and said "legally we can do it and this probably won't be the last time." I will give credit to Comcast for offering the $18 package with CN for $10 for 12 months.

6. Qwijib0

Qwijib0 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    I actually have had the opposite experience-- I only have the tivo, no other cable box connected, and so when I do the yearly dance the system lets the rep give me a "new TV customer" discount.