1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cox' new offer to me.

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by mattyro7878, Apr 16, 2018.

1. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Active Member

Nov 27, 2014
    I was disgusted at the way Cox treated me for leaving a $40 balance. 48 straight months of payments and all of a sudden I started getting emails about service shut off, whenever I looked at the website I got the same thing. So, I pulled the trigger to cancel tv and keep internet. Within 5 minutes offers popped up for a Contour Box, 4 premiums and more channels than I had. $39.99 for a year...no box rental! I may jump on it if it is still there tomorrow or the next day. I can't picture life without tivo but money rules! Plus I can always keep the Roamio if I'm only paying 40 bucks for tv

2. aristoBrat

aristoBrat Active Member

Dec 30, 2002
    Va Beach, VA
    The Cox package we have “includes” a 6-tuner NVR. It’s hooked up, but nobody uses it... we just pay the extra $1.99 to add a cable card to the package and have kept on using our TiVos...

3. mattyro7878

Nov 27, 2014
    We do love our Tivos. With good reason.

4. tvcc

tvcc New Member

Apr 17, 2018
    I have two tivo's on a MoCA network on cox cable. 3 weeks ago they installed a mandatory digital phone modem and wiped out my internet. they solved the internet problem for wifi but the MoCA is not working with my tivo's. Cox says they have never seen a MoCA. They know nothing about tivo it's all tivo's fault.
    Has any one else had this problem?
    Do you know of anyone in Omaha, NE who knows MoCa's and tivos?
    HELP!!!!!!!

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    See duplicate post -> MoCA & Cable Together?

6. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    FCC guidelines should allow you to get the deal and use your tivo instead of their box.

7. mattyro7878

Nov 27, 2014
    its a freebie, no big deal.