Cox in Southeast AZ

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by PLazovich, Jan 2, 2013.

1. PLazovich

PLazovich Member

May 3, 2006
    Cox in our area just quit carring CBS! They say they ar being charged to much by the local affiliate?? Crazy Cox Cable co. I guess it's time for satellite for us. And no more TiVo bummer.

Pat

2. LynnL999

LynnL999 Member

Oct 7, 2002
    Irvine,...
    The CoxAZ facebook page says: "RAYCOM pulled their content from our lineup during negotiations, but we're working to come to an agreement as soon as possible. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. -Aaron"

Here's a page with more information.

I doubt you will be without a major network for very long.

3. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Do you have an antenna? Your Tivo maybe able to get your locals OTA.

4. PLazovich

PLazovich Member

May 3, 2006
    Cox is putting out some really nasty propaganda against Raycom you can read both sides at different sites but the interesting things is Raycom reached deals with all other providers in Southeast AZ Direct TV Dish TV and Comcast but not Cox. They are very hard to deal with from my end as a Tivo user also. I can't use OTA because I live to far from Tucson and have mountain issues. I love Tivo but hate Cox and have no other choice here.

Thanks All
    Pat

5. MeStinkBAD

MeStinkBAD Member

Jul 16, 2003
    Tucson, Az
    I see "KOLD wants a 200% price increase" rolling across the screen. I assume the contract between Cox and KOLD (the CBS affiliate) has come up for renewal. And KOLD is trying to milk it for all it's worth. :)

I would really think this would hurt KOLD more in the short term. And they will likely come to an agreement before the end of the week. There are several cities to far away to pick up the broadcast signal of the affiliate which means cable or satellite is the only choice.

I think it's unfair to blame one side or the other for this. If KOLD really expects a 200% price increase, that means higher bills for all of Cox's customers. Unless it's a gradual increase to 200% over the next decade. That would be acceptable.

6. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    All of these licensing disputes are over pretty quickly. If you switch to satellite, you will still lose channels once in a while over this. DirecTV and Viacom got in a fight last year and they ended up pulling Comedy Central and MTV and other channels for a week. Last year Dish got in a fight with AMC and they pulled that channel for a while. Here in Louisville, the people that own the local Fox station got in a fight with the local cable company and we lost the channel for about 2 days.

Just download the shows you will miss and thumb your nose at the billionaires who might lose 5 cents because you didn't watch their ads while they squabble over millions.

7. PLazovich

PLazovich Member

May 3, 2006
    That is the propaganda Cox is putting out do some research before you say KOLD is in the wrong. I have dealt with Cox for years and they are very hard business people. Everything that goes wrong with my cable is Tivo's fault not their weak signal ect... KOLD has reached an agreement with all the other providers in the area?????

8. PLazovich

PLazovich Member

May 3, 2006
    Someone caved and it's back on Cox now. I would love to know who caved, I think that would tell us who is the greedy one in this whole mess. Oh well I only missed two shows I really like.

Pat

9. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    I have Cox in Phoenix and we have yet to go through one of those network vs carrier negotiations which seem to happen quite frequently with other carriers. Our guess our time will come soon enough.