Cox in RI -- TiVo HD/M-Card/Tuning Adapter

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Beven, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Beven

Beven New Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Hi all --

More tuning adapter nightmares... :)

So, for the background. I have a Tivo S3 HD, swapped out my 2 scards for 1 mcard. Went flawless. Video comes in without issue.

Then I decided to be proactive and get a tuning adapter.

I've gone from the wall to tuning adapter, TA to TiVo, and there's video. But the **** light keeps blinking on the Moto TA. Tried with the USB cable plugged in and unplugged. Tried resetting the TiVo with the TA plugged in and unplugged. Cycled the TA power. No luck.

A Cox tech came, said that most likely my area hasn't been hit with the switched digital changeover yet, and I'm stuck with a blinking light.

Does what he said make sense? Should I just get some black tape to cover up that blinking light for now?

Thanks!

2. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Sounds like you don't need/can't use the tuning adapter yet (that's a good thing, by the way), and should just take it out of the chain until you have no choice but to use it.

In other words, the tuning adapter is for requesting Switched Digital Video channels, but if they haven't started doing that on your particular node of their cable network yet, it's un-needed, the channels for which you are paying are there all the time around the clock.

Enjoy it while it lasts.