Cox Digital Telephone and Daily Call?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by DeDondeEs, Jan 23, 2006.

1. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV

Advertisements

I received a flyer in the mail from COX advertising their Digital Telephone service. First question, any opinions on this from people who have it? Second will this work with my Tivo's daily call without having to do any modifications? This service doesn't appear to be VOIP in the sense of Vonage, so I would think it is a little better quality and more reliable, am I mistaken?

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    You are mistaken. It may not be VoIP but it has all the same characteristics that cause TiVos problems. I can't speak to this particular service.

3. VoR

VoR TheGoal is Elevation

Oct 29, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    I had it for about 12-18 mos, no complaints and the daily calls worked fine. I only got rid of it when SBC led me to beleive DSL was avail in my area...

I have Sunrocket VoIP now, its even more feature packed and cheaper, but the daily calls are hit and miss. One reciever hasn't called in for 66 days...but its not big deal

4. IOTP

IOTP New Member

Aug 7, 2001
    Desert...
    They call it digital telephone because it's delivery is over THEIR COAX and FIBER networks in your neighborhood. It's available through my local cable provider -- Cox.

To me I call it DIALTONE or LANDLINE service. You pick up the phone, you get dialtone. *ALL* aspects were the same when I had QWEST.

No problems dialing with the TIVO whatsoever.

5. icmoney

icmoney Member

Aug 22, 2005
    Midland, Tx

Advertisements

I have telephone service thru my local cable provider. Have never had a problem with TIVO, FAX's or the occasional modem connection. It does not have the same problems people have encountered with VOIP. COX serves my area also.