Cox channel lineup changing to 1000

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by PLazovich, Aug 19, 2011.

1. PLazovich

PLazovich Member

May 3, 2006

Advertisements

My Cox channel lineup just change to 1000 and I have my season passes for 700 for HD. How can I change the channels without having to get new season passes for all of them? Or is there anyway. Also some are old shows that won't start for a while so I can't change them until they begin in Sept and might miss them before as I am not sure when they will start. I know we have discussed this and I thought they would just change in the season pass but that did not happen.

Thanks Pat

2. agdtec

agdtec New Member

Jul 22, 2011
    If you have the new channel line up and have downloaded the program guide, the go to season pass manager and select a tv series that is in there. The select "view upcoming episodes" then see if an episode appears on the new channel. If so select that episode and the select a season pass. Afterward delete the old season pass. If your season pass does not start up again till September or October then leave it alone until 10 days before it returns and then do as above. Hope that helps.

3. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    you don't have to do anything at all.

Your season passes will move to the new locations once the guide updates.

If you want to double check, just check your to do list, you will see all your programs are still scheduled.

4. PLazovich

PLazovich Member

May 3, 2006
    I will check but it had not as of last night, and some programs won't be on for a while so they are not in the to do list. Last night they all said will not record because of weak signal or something like that. Is there a way to make the guide update manually?

5. ctcraig

ctcraig New Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Chandler Az

Advertisements

All my season passes were moved to the new channel lineup automagically:)

6. PLazovich

PLazovich Member

May 3, 2006
    Wow I wonder why mine weren't they are all still on the 700 area. How does one get TiVo to get the new line up?

7. PLazovich

PLazovich Member

May 3, 2006
    Looks like I will just have to do them all manually because nothing has worked to get them to change on their own. Thanks all

8. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    did your tivo give you a message about a line up change and add the 1000's to the guide yet?

Mine did the the night of the change, and deleted all the channels in the 700's.

Try forcing a connection to see if the guide data has been updated, if it doesn't report a line up issue to tivo.

Once the guide gets updated your season passes will automatically move.

9. PLazovich

PLazovich Member

May 3, 2006
    It seems that what happens in certain areas but not mine I have yet to get a line up change and I have forced the connection several times. I guess something is different here so I all just do it all manually thanks again for the help and advice.

10. agdtec

agdtec New Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Did you scan for new channels and then update the guide?
    Also I had to change which guilde I use as the channels are the same but it went from extended basic to digital basic and that guide worked, Don't know if that helps.

11. JoshuaMK2

JoshuaMK2 New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I also have cox cable and have had them switch to the 1000's channel line up. I've tried connecting to the tivo service, but that doesn't fix it. I can't scan for new channels as I've got a cable card in mine, and won't allow it. The 700 numbered channels still show up in the guide just fine, but the cable is no longer broadcasting to it.

12. Ennui

Ennui San Diego

Sep 2, 2008
    What does the CableCard have to do with it?? I reset my TiVo's and all have CableCards in them. Have two HD's and one Premier all with Tuning Adapters. Also on Cox north and have both 700's and 1000's still. All now show up on TiVo schedule in the 1000's and higher.

13. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    First off, there is no need to do a scan. You can't scan for channels in a lineup that uses a cablecard. The cablecard provides TiVo with the channel list. As for guide data, that is a Tribune issue. If you haven't got the guide data yet, then try re-running guided setup. It is possible the lineup being used is incorrect.

14. spocko

spocko Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Cox in San Diego just made this change. I didn't know about it until after the fact. All of the HD channels in the 700 range were automatically deleted from my channel list and guide, and the new 1000 range channels did NOT get automatically added. I could still manually tune the 700 range channels, but they had no guide data. After wasting a lot of time rebooting the Tivo and tuning adapter, forcing connections etc., I finally figured out what had happened. I later discovered a lineup change message listing all the 700 range channels that had been removed. It must have come up when someone else was using the Tivo. Too bad for me that I didn't see this thread earlier. :( Hope others will see this before wasting their time troubleshooting.

For me, my season passes were automatically updated to the new channels. I had to manually add the new channels to the channel list. Any manual recordings also have to be manually updated.

15. Johncv

Johncv Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
    Cox San Diego move almost all the 700 channels over to 1000 in the last two days and my TiVo HD change all the season passes to the 1000 channels and Cox add four new HD channel. One of them is BBC AmericaHD. No picture yet but it did have program data. Strange thing is that the cable box does not even show the channel yet so that may be why there no picture.