Cox channel lineup changing to 1000

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by PLazovich, May 21, 2011.

1. PLazovich

PLazovich Member

May 3, 2006
    Someone mentioned when Cox went to 1000 in there area their season passes automatically changed? Is that true they will go from 704 to 1004 without having to redo them all?

Thanks Pat

2. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    All of mine transitioned correctly. In my area (Northern Virginia), the day that they "moved" my cablecard mapped both the old channel number and the new. During the next two days sometime the guide data got moved to the new numbers and the old were removed. At that time, the season passes moved to the correct channels as well. It was seamless except for a couple of channels (3 of them) that the old one remained checked afterward for some reason. That was easy enough to just remove.

This may not work out as well for you if your Cox area doesn't do it in such a staged manner. My parent's with Time Warner didn't have the correct guide data for a couple of days when theirs did a similar move. However, all their passes moved correctly in the end.

3. Jun 8, 2011 #3 of 13
    aswhitey

aswhitey New Member

Nov 9, 2006
    I'm having an issue with the transition to the 1000s. My program info keeps running out even after I restart the TiVo when I get the message. Seven days after I restart my TiVo, I get the message again that my program info is about to run out. I wanted to tape Falling Skies which starts on June 19th on TNT. TiVo Search couldn't find it but when I searched on the channel in the 1000s it found the show and I set it to record the season but I don't have confidence that it will record. How do I know that Cox in Phoenix will properly remap all of my season passes to the channels in the 1000s?

4. Jun 9, 2011 #4 of 13
    moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    FYI, when I've had issues with guide data almost running out even though connections to TiVo server are working, re-running guided setup seems to be the only way to fix the problem permanently.

5. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Phoenix already has all of its lineup in the 1000s, and I've had no problems recording shows. The only time I've had problems is when my tuning adapter stopped working for no reason and I lost an entire evening's worth of shows. A power-on reboot got it working again, but it was really annoying, especially since the unit doesn't give any external indication it isn't working

6. ctcraig

ctcraig New Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Chandler Az
    I'm in chandler and the Guide says there are channels in the 1000's but TiVo wont tune to any of them, all the 700's continue to work

7. Tico

Tico Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Dec 9, 2002
    You need to get a tuning adapter.

8. ehardman

ehardman Member

Feb 18, 2004
    Kansas
    Ours switched to the new channels without any issues.

9. Ligge

Ligge ligge

Apr 13, 2005
    My box finally dumped the 700s and is only showing the 1000s now in the Cox Phoenix area. Everything above 1000 comes in but there is no program guide information. Everything says To Be Announced, but the channels themselves seem to be correctly labelled. I have had Cox send whatever signals they needed to the cable card and since the shows are viewable I kind of have to assume that this not a Cox issues. I have reported it to TiVo by phone yesterday. And we blocked the 700s and added the 1000s again, we powered off both boxes (TiVo and cable card receiver) and I have reconnected to the TiVo service twice since then with no luck.

I can not record anything HD with To Be Announced as the guide information since it only allows 30 min increments and also it has to be recorded live...so kind of pointless.

Any other suggestions? I filled out a TiVo report online this morning with my phone call incident number from yesterday but really dont want to keep waiting if I can do something myself.

Might as well call a divorce attorney if this is going to last through the weekend, and without a working TiVo HD I am quite sure I would lose custody of the kids!

10. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    check you lineup on zap2it.com. Tivo's should generally match that. If that is correct you can try rerunning the guided setup or just use the SD channels for now... It does look like a guide data issue, and that is why I suggested checking there. (Tribune reporting the wrong channels is actually a Cox issue, but try finding someone at Cox who will believe that and you will be wasting your time. You are better served complaining to Tivo.)
    Also, you can do manual records by channel, date, time, and length. Hopefully that should get you through the weekend.

11. djwilso

djwilso Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm in Phoenix too. 1000 channels are working ok here and have been for several months. The 700 channels can still be tuned but have no guide data for me. All season passes switched over to the 1000 numbers ok.

I didn't see you mention whether you have a tuning adapter. Do you have one? If not, you might try getting one and see if that fixes it.

Also, a repeat of guided setup might help as well.

12. cordevil95

cordevil95 New Member

Feb 22, 2007
    I'm having the same issue that you are. I called cox yesterday and they said they are working on the issue but have no ETA. I'm rebooting my TiVo right now and I am going to run guilder setup again just for fun.

13. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    No guide data is a Tribune issue. If you can tune the channels on your TiVo but it doesn't have guide data, it isn't an issue with the cable company. You can report it through TiVo's website or Tribunes website.