Covert Affairs - 9/14/2010 01x10 "I Can't Quit You Baby"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pgogborn, Sep 15, 2010.

1. pgogborn

pgogborn Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2002

Advertisements

OMG!!! They drove round Piccadilly Circus, went down to Westminster, then we saw them going past Piccadilly Circus again!!!! ;)

2. DavidTigerFan

DavidTigerFan No, not Detroit. TCF Club

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    I liked the American embassy. Looked nothing like it does IRL. Plus everyone knows the spooks are on the top floor.

3. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Couldn't figure out who the actress playing Vivian was. Turns out it was Anna Chlumsky, best known for her roles in My Girl (1991) and My Girl 2 (1994). She got all growed up.

4. TIVOSciolist

TIVOSciolist Bye to High Society

Oct 13, 2003
    Oakland,...
    The plot here seems like a rehash of the much better episode a few weeks ago when our hero has to find a mole, who turns out to be a nice person after all. Annie then gets into a fight in order to save the mole from being killed.

5. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...

Advertisements

Good thing that conveniently-located motorcycle in Sri Lanka came with two helmets with full face shields, huh?

6. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Yeah I saw her name in the opening credits, so I figured that was her. I was expecting her lips to be bigger, but I guess next to Piper it is all relative.

I also cracked up in the beginning, because she went in the house and got Breyer's Rocky Road ice cream, which is exactly the ice cream I have in my freezer for the past month or so because it is like $2.50 at Wal-Mart.

Also if there is not a seperate thread for the second hour, I want to say I appreciate them having a truck fly off a cliff that neither exploded in mid-air nor exploded upon impact with the ground. I was glad to see someone not have to blow things up that actually would not blow up.

7. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I liked this episode even though I thought Vivian should have been in handcuffs at the end.

8. pgogborn

Nov 11, 2002
    In Sri Lanka

"All rental Motorbikes are provided with lockable security cables and 02 Nos. of Helmets per Bike - free of charge" >
    http://www.bikerentsrilanka.com/Terms.html

9. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    Odd...I thought this was the weakest episode of the season.

10. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    I just don't like Ben. There's NO chemistry there, and I feel its just forced on us. This episode just make it that much more obvious. I'd like for them to get away from the Ben Mercer storyline and move into something else. The season didn't end as strong as I had hoped it would have.

And seriously USA? 2 1-hour shows is not a 2 hour finale.

11. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Because of conflicts, my tivo recorded the second hour before the first one. The "Vivian" episode had no connection to the finale.

12. pgogborn

Nov 11, 2002
    For me a strong ending was going to be either Joan or Arthur Campbell being removed from their office in handcuffs.

But when the show was recommissioned I did not expect it to happen.

And although I hoped for Annie having to decide if Ben or Jai had gone bad and having to shoot the other I did not expect it to happen because Annie does not do that sort of shooting.

13. BluesFools

BluesFools Active Member

Apr 5, 2000
    Apex, NC, USA
    In London I thought it was funny that she started off riding in a black taxi, then when she got out it had turned into a red taxi. Later she hailed a black taxi and it was the same one she was riding in earlier. Same fake number plate and everything. What are the odds?!

At this point I think they're just messing with us.

I also noticed (geek that I am) that when they showed Annie's passport the machine-readable lines were from a different passport, not for "Annie Walker". Hey Emma Shalvern, whoever you are, we know your passport info.

14. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    We can only hope Ben dies in the chopper....

15. DavidTigerFan

DavidTigerFan No, not Detroit. TCF Club

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    I thought it was odd, that with men shooting at you and chasing you, they took the time to put the helmets on in the first place.

Also, it's getting laughable that they don't carry guns. The previous episode they enter a suspicious warehouse with a known terrorist in it and they don't have any guns.

16. Queue

Queue UnbowdUnbentUnbrokn

Apr 6, 2009
    Anna Chlumsky became a cutie.

17. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    No comments about who the mole is that's supplying information to the reporter? It make sense when you think about it. He almost always plays such a good smarmy creep, "The Mentalist" excepted.

18. kleinman

kleinman On the Battlements

Oct 6, 2003
    Somewhere,...
    Even better, in this episode they chased someone who was actively shooting at them - all without having guns of their own. Like the dog chasing the car, what would they have done if they caught up to the person?

19. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    What dogs always do when they catch up to the car -- lift a leg and let fly the Stream of Hell.

20. pgogborn

Nov 11, 2002
    I was hoping he or she would be a tad younger - I had the impression she is sleeping with her source and in a future episode I do not want to see that pair in bed.

Auggie wants to find the mole. If he is smart he will run a DNA test on the toothbrush that is not his - it could belong to the mole.