Could not get account status.

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by BOBCAT, Feb 4, 2012.

1. BOBCAT

BOBCAT Member

Nov 28, 2002
    SF bay area
    My 2 THR22's have not been able to make a successful call to D* since 1/15/2012. It gets to the point of "Connecting" then says "Could not get account status"
    My HR10-250's call and update just fine, so it isn't the phone line.
    Anyone else having this problem?
    Could this be normal as there is no way to select a local phone number for your area, so is the dialup only used for the initial setup of the box?
    Could someone check your phone status and see when the last successful call occurred on your THR22 and report back?
    As I recall, way back when the HR10-250's were new, there was a way to change the speed of the dialup when the phone line was so bad it wouldn't support the default baud rate of the HR10.
    Thanks

2. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Are you connected to the internet? I believe you can change the settings for the THR to make the 'call' using the net rather than dialing in. There is no need to have a phone line connected to a THR22.

3. edrud

edrud New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    I just hooked up my new THR22 today. Tonight I had to click the "try connection" several different times, getting errors each time like you, but finally it muscled all the way through connecting, configuring, getting account status, etc, until it said it was done. So it may just be a matter of try and try until you get it.