Cosmos: Possible Worlds

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by sinanju, Sep 22, 2020.

1. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005

Advertisements

Cosmos restarts tonight. However, they've changed the name of the show and my onepass wasn't going to pick it up.

Fox, 8PM

2. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Tivo seems to be treating the Fox airings as episodes 14 to 26 even though these are the same episodes that already aired on National Geographic channel, so if you already recorded them back in March, it’s the same episodes.

3. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    I didn't get it there, either.

4. yawitz

yawitz Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Same here. 1P created for Nat Geo episodes picked it up, but listed as later episodes in same series (rather than re-air of those episodes).

5. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000

Advertisements

Well that explains why it seemed so familiar when I watched it. I could swear it was on Fox and NatGeo earlier this year as well. But Fox did claim it as new, and it's not on NatGeo this time around.

6. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    was it called something else there?

I think I got the first season on bluray.. when I downloaded this ep, I noticed the weird ep numbering... but I had only one other ep in my downloads folder, ep #1..

I do remember recording off of Nat Geo though.

7. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000
    No, the original season was called Cosmos, while the 2nd season on NatGeo was Cosmos Possible Worlds.

I notice this season numbering seems to continue the first season as it's listed as S1E13 or such.

Though honestly, I'm horrendously confused as Wikipedia seems to imply the first season originally aired in 2014, as Possible Worlds aired in March 2020 on NatGeo (and Sept 22 on Fox).

I am completely confused.

8. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    yeah I did now realize I do have the nat geo airings downloaded too. just looking alphabetically, it didn't sort next to 'cosmos' just by itself. (I download each show in a folder named with the show name..)