Corrupt - Delete Me?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by bbrown9, Sep 17, 2016.

1. bbrown9

bbrown9 Active Member TCF Club

Mar 12, 2011
    We have had the new Rovi guide data for a week or so now and we just noticed one of our season passes says "Corrupt - Delete Me".

Is this a result of the guide data change or should I be worried about my hard drive?

Is there any way we can find out what show it was for? We have 118 season passes and I'm having a hard time trying to figure out which one it is.

2. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    It pops up when there is no guide data for the show in question anywhere in the available guide data. I've waited them out in the past and it's worked.

3. bbrown9

bbrown9 Active Member TCF Club

Mar 12, 2011
    But I have other season passes that don't have any shows in the guide data and they still show in the 1P list dimmed out.

4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Yes, it means there's an entry or pointer to them somewhere and that's why they're showing up.
    A Corrupt Delete Me means it's not matching any known data, it may or may not come back, occasionally I've been able to ID it by comparing to the online OnePass manager and spotting it since it's not reset there.

5. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    I think I remember that from a long time ago. IIRC, don't delete it, just wait it out. Might want to monitor it if you are afraid of losing a recording.

6. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I had one like that out of 85. I found it as I noticed that the new season of Fear the Walking Dead wasn't going to record after the update. Since the new episodes were already in the guide in the coming week, I don't think waiting it out would have worked in this case so I just recreated the 1P and deleted the corrupt one.

I seem to recall it still showed the channel it was supposed to record on so maybe that will help you figure out which one you are missing.

Scott

7. 3Texans

3Texans New Member

Jul 1, 2017
    North Texas
    Noticed that this thread is old but I continue to experience this problem. I make a onepass from something in the guide and then within a few minutes it changes to "Corrupt - Delete Me" in the onepass manager list. This consistently happens on my 8 month old tivo bolt+. I have checked to make sure there are upcoming events in the guide and then waited it out 2-3 weeks and 100% of the time the results are 'once corrupt, forever corrupt". This is causing shows to be missed so I end up streaming them, using a Roku, from networks all the time wondering why we have an expensive Tivo setup (bolt+ plus 5 mini's) in the first place. This is obviously a long standing Tivo problem, so Tivo are you going fix this?

Going to pull one of my Series HDs out of the closet, schedule the same recordings, and see if it too has been infected with this Tivo virus.

8. HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I'm not aware of this being a long standing problem and a search only seems to bring up this thread. Note this was specific to the Rovi guide data upgrade at the time as well which was a big change so yours appears to be a new unique issue.

You might try a CPI&TDL if you haven't already.

Scott

9. Dec 1, 2017 #9 of 16
    djsting

djsting Member

Mar 5, 2002
    This is not resolved, it is an ongoing issue, and TiVo has no clue how to fix it!! I've been having this corrupt OnePass issue for months. I've called TiVo support which is usually very good, not so much on this issue.

• Not a brand new TiVo unit, been plugged in and set up for several months (at least since May).
    • It is a TiVo Bolt (NEVER had this issue with ANY other TiVo and I've had MANY over the past 15 years).
    • I attempted to copy OnePasses over from my Romio and got the corrupt issue.
    • I attempted to create new OnePasses from the guide so I KNOW that there are up coming episodes and got the corrupt issue.
    • I attempted to create new OnePasses using the search function and got the corrupt issue.
    • This is not happening for all my OnePasses, several copied from the Romio just fine and several more have been created on the TiVo unit either from the guide or by use of the search function and they are fine.
    • The shows that are having this issue are: Big Bang, The Middle, Criminal Minds, Man With A Plan, and Stacey David's Gears.
    • Every week I have to create a new OnePass for each of these from the guide and sometimes it will become corrupt immediately not adding any up coming episodes to the ToDo List, sometimes it will only add the first/next episode to the ToDo List, and sometimes it will add the next two episodes (usually there are no more than two since TiVo only has two weeks of guide data).
    • If the unit adds any episodes the OnePass will end up showing corrupt within a couple minutes of my having created it.

This is NOT how TiVo is supposed to work, I may as well have a VCR that I have to program weekly again!!!

Does ANYONE have a fix for this?

rbryant likes this.
  10. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    deleting only the malfunctioning 1p's may not be enough to remove the corruption, i would start with removing all 1p's, perform a cpi&tdl, then re-add the 1p's.

if that doesn't work, and tivo support doesn't offer a solution, the only other suggestion i could offer would be to perform a clear and delete everything, and start completely over.

11. HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Before doing the above, have you tried clearing the program information and to do list?

Scott

12. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al

13. rbryant

rbryant New Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Atlanta
    I've tried removing all 1p's, perform a cpi&tdl, then re-add the 1p's.

I can recreate the problem by adding in a 1P for The Voice and then adding in any other 1P. This occurs regardless of how I add the 1P, via the guide, lookup the show, using the remote or the App.

Any ideas?

14. ARejectSoShy

ARejectSoShy New Member

Nov 8, 2019
    I have this issue too after dusting off my TiVo Roamio and getting a much better reception this time around with my HD antenna.

After setting it up from being used with cable to OTA I started adding new One Passes and kept having most give me the Corrupt Delete Me error. I’ve played around with it and have found ways around it.

These are shows WITH new episodes due out the next day and weeks scheduled so they are not cancelled or outdated shows with no new info.

First method is to create the One Pass but don’t reorder the show. This seems to work with ‘Supernatural’. If I move it it corrupts the pass. Leave it alone and it’s fine.

Second method if it still corrupts with being left alone is if you have any episodes recorded to create the One Pass from ‘My Shows’ instead of a search or the program guide. I had to do this for ‘The Simpson’s’ and ‘Family Guy’ for it not to corrupt.

I think it’s an issue with having the old one passes for some reason causing the glitching when the show is still one the air. All the shows I’ve had issues with were One Passes from when I had cable until 2015. I’ve cut the cord but couldn’t get a good HD OTA so I just streamed network shows the next day. Playing around with it years later the reception is stronger so now that I’m using it. Any new shows like ‘The Good Doctor’ gives no problems with its One Pass but longer running shows that had One Passes that got deleted and now are being re-added glitch example ‘Supernatural’, ‘Law & Order:SVU’, ‘Family Guy’, ‘The Blacklist’ and ‘The Simpson’s’. ​

Hope this helps.

15. randycpu

randycpu New Member

Tuesday
    Recently I have been having this issue too. It is very frustrating.
    The unit is a Premiere unit that was on OTA (antenna) until now when I installed a CableCard.
    The shows are regularly scheduled network programming. Today the missing shows were "CBS This Morning" and "The Voice"

16. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006
    Try a manual recording then delete the ones you don't want. And only record say 3 or 5 recordings that auto delete when you get to that limit.