Copying Season and One Pass loses channel info

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by marbordom, Jan 7, 2016.

1. marbordom

marbordom Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Bronx, NY

Advertisements

After having added a Roamio to an existing Premiere and HD setup I started copying season passes from the HD and the Premiere to the Roamio via Tivo Online.

I noticed that all one passes lost the channel info and were changed to Channel: All instead. This causes the ToDo list to show erroneous conflicts of the same show airing on two different channels as SD and HD which is misleading. I have called this in as a bug in Tivo Software/Web Software as I believe that a copy between source and destination should not modify contents.
    As all Tivos have the same digital source: cable they all have the same channel info. As a side note: It is not possible to edit the One passes from All to the initial channel as there is no option other than All. By now I was able to change a few One Pass to revert back to the channel as it has found the correct channel info in the Guide - but some even show channels to select which do not even air new episode - adding another bug into the mix.
    kmttg is also not giving the channel to select in modify Season pass mode.

I understand that there is lots of discussion of the One Pass versus Season Pass and my shows should still record as new on HD with the "All channel" options but I suggested to Tivo to look into this and fix the copy function.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  2. marbordom

marbordom Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Bronx, NY
    I just found out that copying a season pass/one pass from the Premiere to the Roamio with kmttg does not lose the channel info even if the Roamio does not have the programming info yet for a show which comes back in the near future.

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    You found the answer yourself. :)

I used kmttg as well to move SP from our 2 S3 OLED to the new Roamio Pro and it worked great (preserving the channel).

Scott

4. marbordom

marbordom Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Bronx, NY
    Yes, I am glad that I took my own issue and solved it - hopefully for others as well.
    What baffles me is that TiVo must have not tested their online feature well enough to determine this flaw. I started searching for those SP and OP which are still set to "All channels" delete them and then copy them via kmttg from another Tivo. The export function of kmttg for csv list is a great help as well : grep "All channel" <file>.csv ...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  5. cjorgens

cjorgens New Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Burlington, VT

Advertisements

Well I also found this out the hard way! Thanks for posting this and the solution.

Note to self: always check TCF before making any changes with my tivos :)

6. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I would also recommend that you go to the Channels list and remove the SD channels in which there are HD equivalent content. Then the passes will not record from them and cause more conflicts since they broadcast at the same time.