Copying an image from a large Tivo drive to a smaller drive

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by True Colors, Oct 24, 2010.

1. True Colors

True Colors Member

Oct 18, 2006

Advertisements

I have a series 2 Tivo dual tuner. I had put a 500 gig hard drive into it. Then it became necessary for me to remove that 500 gig drive(I needed it for something else).

There were no TV shows recorded on it. Just the basic image to run the system. I used WINMFS tools to make a backup copy of the 500 gig image.

I copied that image from the 500 gig drive onto a 180 gig drive. I plugged it in and it started powering up. Then I got a green screen of death(GSOD). It told me that the Tivo had suffered a bad problem and it needed to try to fix itself. It said that it might take 3 hours.

Then about 15 minutes later the Tivo rebooted itself and it successfully made it to the guided setup screen. Then I unplugged it and then plugged it in again and it successfully made it to the guided setup screen again. That leads me to believe that it might have successfully fixed itself and it is working fine now?

So my question is......... is it possible to know if it successfully fixed itself, or is this Tivo going to keep having problems in the future?

Thanks,

TC

2. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    You will be most likely OK, that problem sometimes, not to worry.