Copy Protected Programs?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by LES108, Oct 13, 2007.

1. LES108

LES108 New Member

Oct 1, 2007
    I tried to Tivo Bill Maher and Curb last night it came back as program was copy protected ? I am using Tivo HD and Comcast as the service provider

2. EVizzle

EVizzle ^^MacGvyer^^

Feb 13, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    By copy protected do you mean unable to record, or unable to transfer (if applicable)? My understanding of copy protection with Tivos is that you are able to record any show but not able to transfer to a computer through TivoToGo.

i know you cannot currently use TivoToGo with THD, but on my S2, Tivocasts are copy protected. On my S3, I have no copy protected recordings that I am aware of.

3. jtown0620

jtown0620 TIMELORD with TiVo

Jun 17, 2004
    Trinity, Fl.
    Your local cable company has put a "broadcast flag" on HBO programing. You need to contact your cable provider and ask for it to be corrected. You can search this forum and find better info about this.

4. kclawlor

kclawlor New Member

May 21, 2006
    I just opened my tivo desktop and the two reruns of law and order on TNT are listed as copy protected. I can understand the HBO shows but this is a little much. When you consider that Law and Order seems to play on at least on channel 24/7 it seems odd to lock it. What is the point of having a Tivo.

Anyone know why this happening?

:confused:

5. EVizzle

EVizzle ^^MacGvyer^^

Feb 13, 2005
    St. Paul, MN

Give them (cable co) a call. I watched/ am watching L&O in order thanks to TivoDesktop, and never saw that flag.