Copy one drive from a two drive system?

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by snickerrrrs, Sep 21, 2007.

1. snickerrrrs

snickerrrrs Tech-no Guide

Mar 30, 2006
    Southern...
    Is it possible to copy and replace just one drive in a two drive system? I added a second drive to my Directivo R10 a year or two ago (not knowing at the time that I wouldn't be able to copy all my movies to a bigger hard drive later). The 1st drive is starting to get noisy so I'm getting nervous about it failing. Is it possible to copy the 80 GB hard drive to a new one or do I need to copy both? Or is that even possible? :confused:

Thanks

2. rbtravis

rbtravis New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Parker, Co....
    Yes there is mirroring software available at www.downloads.com it does a sector by sector copy without looking at content. The drives should be nearly identical in size which if not possible the target must be greater that the source. good luck

3. snickerrrrs

Mar 30, 2006
    Southern...
    Any idea what the software is called?

4. snickerrrrs

Mar 30, 2006
    Southern...
    Actually what I'm asking is can I use Hinsdale's upgrade guide to copy just the noisy 80GB main hard drive? Then put it back in the system and still have all my recordings and season passes? :confused:

5. rbtravis

rbtravis New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Parker, Co....
    http://www.sharewareplaza.com/EASEUS-Disk-Copy-download_27853.html

Sorry they moved it. Its called disk-copy use the above url
    you don't need Hinsdale or any thing other than the same size or slightly larger hard drive and a floppy disk. The number of sectors is usually on the top of the drive. All this does is a sector by sector copy. it does not care about content, only must be run on PC or PC Clone.