Copy just settings from 4TB to blank 2TB

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by tommage1, Sep 23, 2020.

1. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008

Advertisements

Have a cable Roamio with nearly full 4TB drive. Running TE3. I'd like to copy my settings and cable card pairing to a blank 2TB. Using MFST I assume. No recordings needed or wanted. The one really important thing is the cable card pairing, I want to be able to use both drives, can swap drives with Roamios. Does anyone know the command off the top of their head? If so, please post the exact command. Would it matter what version of MFST I use? Back to 3.2 or would I need to use one of the later versions. Not sure of version needed and/or command as I am copying to a smaller drive. Thanks.

Horace Bailey likes this.
  2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    KMTTG does that.

Not the CableCard Pairing, though. You'll need to call the Cable Co and have them re-pair it.

-KP

3. tommage1

Nov 5, 2008
    Thanks but I need to maintain the cable card setting, MFST will be the way to go, just not sure how to do from nearly full large drive to smaller drive, settings/pairing only.

4. jmbach

jmbach der Neuerer

Jan 1, 2009
    It should be mfscopy -s Source Target
    I would recommend putting it in the Roamio and let it boot. Of course, if it does not work then you will have to redo the cableCARD pairing.

tommage1 likes this.
  5. tommage1

Nov 5, 2008

Advertisements

Thanks.