Advertisements So Benedict can you swear to us with hand on heart that you have never ever taken the lid off your own Tivo. Or have you excused yourself on the grounds of your professional training to test electrical safety. I think what you are referring to is the lovely industry of Health and Safety which costs the UK a lot of money to very little productive benefit in its current extreme form. Although obviously its of been productive benefit to you and your family. The most dangerous appliances out there are probably toasters and you don't even need to take the cover off one of those to kill yourself. All you need to do is stick your finger on the slot while its on and in the process of toasting something. Strangely enough I have always resisted the temptation to do that. Also if what you say is true in practical terms (it may of course be true in theoretical by the book Health and Safety guv terms) then I'm surprised that Tivoland and Tivocentral are still in business and have not by now long since been sued to death for causing personal injury. Both of those place even sell the power supply. The most hazardous item to tinker with.