Conversion help needed .....

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by doc_scan, Aug 5, 2011.

1. doc_scan

doc_scan New Member

Jul 6, 2011

Advertisements

In my previous post in this forum I was instructed to use kmttg to convert .tivo files to .mpeg. When I start kmttg and select the .tivo recording and start the conversion this is the error message I get Whats up with this?

No rows selected
    >> DECRYPTING G:\tivo recordings\The Usual Suspects (Recorded May 17, 2011, IFC).TiVo ...
    G:\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --no-verify --out "G:\kmttg\The Usual Suspects (Recorded May 17, 2011, IFC).mpg" "G:\tivo recordings\The Usual Suspects (Recorded May 17, 2011, IFC).TiVo"
    tivodecode failed (exit code: 10 ) - check command: G:\kmttg\tivodecode\tivodecode.exe --mak MAK --no-verify --out "G:\kmttg\The Usual Suspects (Recorded May 17, 2011, IFC).mpg" "G:\tivo recordings\The Usual Suspects (Recorded May 17, 2011, IFC).TiVo"
    TiVo Private Data : Unmatched Stream ID: No error
    ts_handle_tivo_private_data failed: No error
    processing frame: No error
    Encryption by QUALCOMM ;)
    I setup the program with the Media Access Key and selected decode and pressed start and the above error message appears.
    Any ideas?
    Thamks.

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Was this show transferred from a Premiere using Tivo Desktop?

If so, I suspect that you have transferred the TS (transport stream) version of the program and kmttg is having problems with it.
    If that is the case, open Tivo Desktop and go to "File" -> "Preferences" and uncheck the box under "File Transfer Speed" (see attached image).
    This will get you the PS (program stream) version of the program when transferring from a Premiere.
    Re-transfer the program and try again.

Attached Files:

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    tivodecode doesn't work well with TS .TiVo format (and TS downloads are problematic at times anyway), so as posted above you need to download in PS .TiVo format instead. If you download with kmttg it defaults to downloading in PS .TiVo format already unless you change option under config.

4. doc_scan

doc_scan New Member

Jul 6, 2011
    OK guys here is the untold story. I am doing this for a friend that has a Primere box and records a lot of ball games in HD. He has just about filled his DVR. He has been transfering them using Tivo Desktop Plus to a laptop and and a NAS Buffalo drive and they are getting full. I sold him a new LG Blu-Ray burner and we started off loading the files he had already downloaded to disk as .tivo files, many of these are 35gb files to reclaim storage space. I was aware of the 2 types of download format whatever the default type set is what was used.
    The goal is to convert and burn to Blu-ray so they can be played on a regular Blu-ray player in HD.
    The LG burner comes with a full Cyberlink Suite for editing and authoring Blu-ray disks the same as Video-Re-Do but we do not care about stripping commercials just get to .mpeg.

How do we deal with what is already transfer to Blu-ray that needs to be converted because the original on Tivo box has been deleted. Will Kmttg work with either Transport formats by changing a config setting. I thought there was a utility to convert after already downloaded.

Sorry for the long story but it might help explain the goal.

Thanks

5. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...

Advertisements

If you have recent beta version of VideoRedo and TiVo Desktop 2.8.2 installed then you can have VideoRedo decrypt it for you. Simply load the .TiVo file into VRD and save output as type mpeg2. You can get most recent version of VideoRedo here:
    http://www.videoredo.net/beta/VRDTVSH264-4-20-6-621c.exe
    If you don't have VideoRedo note that you can obtain a fully functional free evaluation key in order to try it out.