Controlling Tivo S3 with Pioneer remote

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Murphyld, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Murphyld

Murphyld murphyld

Aug 26, 2006
    Austin, TX

Advertisements

Hi,
    I was able to control my S2 Tivo with my Pioneer A/V console's remote but I haven't been able to control my S3 Tivo using my Pioneer remote. Has anyone been able to control their S3 with a Pioneer remote control? If so did you use the VCR/DVR button on your remote or did you use some other component button? What brand code were you able to program into your Pioneer remote that operated your S3?

Thank you for your time and consideration,
    Murphy

2. hiker

hiker S.o.N.Y.D.a.C.

Nov 29, 2001
    SF Bay Area...
    The TiVo S3 has the same IR codesets as any other TiVo. Go to System Information screen and make sure the code (Remote Address) is set to 0. Then your pioneer remote should be able to control your S3 just like it did with your S2.

3. Murphyld

Murphyld murphyld

Aug 26, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I went into Messages & Settings>Account & System Information>System Information. I scrolled down to 'Remote Address' which was set to 'Not Set (0)'.

I went back to my Pioneer remote and entered the code to reset everything back to factory presets but still no luck controlling the S3 using the the Pioneer multi control button 'VCR/DVR'.

I don't remember having to enter any special code to get the S2 to be operated with my Pioneer remote.

Previously when the Pioneer remotes VCR/DVR button was selected the Pioneer power button=Tivo, Pioneer play & pause= Tivo play & pause, Pioneer navigation and enter buttons= Tivo navigation and select.

4. hiker

hiker S.o.N.Y.D.a.C.

Nov 29, 2001
    SF Bay Area...
    The factory default preset for VCR/DVR is probably some pioneer device, so I would try to set the pioneer remote to some other code. What model S2 did you have? If it was a standard TiVo branded model, the IR codeset will be the same as the S3.

5. Murphyld

Murphyld murphyld

Aug 26, 2006
    Austin, TX

Advertisements

It was a Tivo brand S2. I need to pull the upgraded drive out of my S2 so that I can use it for Tivo Desktop storage. Before I tear it apart I'll hook the S2 back up and see if I can get it to respond to the Pioneer remote as it previously did. I'll also check to make sure the remote address on the S2 is set to 0 as you indicated it should be.

Have a good day,
    Murphy